loving you easy (even when you deserve better)

could be my fav os ever.

They didn't have much.

More like Lisa didn't have much, and Jennie, well Lisa wasn't quite used to being anyone's first choice until she met Jennie their sophomore year at Boston U in a GSA meeting.

She had thought Jennie was there as part of the straight alliance, but the brunette Poly-Sci student kept finding ways to pair herself up with the blonde Psychology major and at the GSA dance that fall, Lisa had no doubt about Jennie's intention when the brunette danced with only her that night then led her outside and walked hand in hand around the campus quad. If that hadn't been enough, Jennie shyly asking Lisa if she could kiss her under an old oak tree was a bright beacon in the ocean.

They had been inseparable ever since.

Jennie would bring Lisa to frat parties for a couple hours if just to save face with the brunette's acquaintances since her family name had made its way around campus, and despite her very public and deep interest in Lisa, Kappa Lee still thought they had a chance with her.

Lisa would wait for Jennie outside her class, sometimes being too absorbed in her textbook that she wouldn't notice the time until Jennie would sit beside her and casually play with Lisa's blonde locks, usually tied in a ponytail because her thick-rimmed glasses already did enough to cover her face.

The duo spent their free time either studying (or not) in the library or at Lisa's one bedroom apartment severely off campus. Jennie would buy take out and the two would sit at the Ikea-bought table and chair set because Lisa didn't own a TV (or cable for that matter) so she had no use for a couch, and she really hadn't expected to be bringing anyone home since she was a city kid getting by because of a million scholarships and bursaries she applied for throughout high school.

The extra money she made working on campus as a videographer, filming online lectures, was used for groceries, Internet, and a ten dollar phone plan for a phone she picked up at a gas station just a few hours before orientation.

But they'd sit at the plastic and metal table for an episode or two and stream movies before moving to Lisa's bed, the laptop warming the space between them since Lisa's furnace had been on the fritz again, and more often than not, one or both of them would lose interest in the actors on screen and let their fingers dance over their partners' thigh, let their lips trail over an unsuspecting neck.

They came from two different worlds. Jennie had been a debutante, went to private school, and was one of those girls who got cars for their sixteenth birthday and walked around with her Mother's credit card. Lisa couldn't even afford to sign up for one, knowing how easy it would be to slip into debt.

Her apartment was meek and the size of Jennie's bathroom back at the Kim's mansion, and some nights she had to wonder whether she wanted ramen noodles today or tomorrow because even though Jennie would take them out for a meal or offer to buy some groceries, Lisa would only accept so that Jennie could have a decent meal.

As different as their upbringing from their homes to their shoes, they had one common factor that was undeniable: they loved each other immensely.

Lisa had never been the child parents picked to bring up as their own. She was used to scraping the bottom of the barrel, having big dreams but realistic expectations and working down to the bone to get through the day in a warm, safe place. But for whatever reason, Jennie always wanted her.

That much was abundantly clear that day in February when the young lovers were curled around each other by an outdoor quad heater, enjoying a cup of hot chocolate between them.

Jennie's nose had dotted with snow flakes and for whatever reason the brunette decided to forego headwear, so Lisa shrugged off her own beanie and plopped it on the girl's head.