NINE

Takemichi's a badass XD Always expect a long chapter. 🙂😅 Sorry, it took a while.

Warning: Cussing. Profanities.

IT WAS a refreshing warm morning that day

The weather was hot and humid as Hitto Kakucho mindlessly stared out of the window with his red and white orbs, watching the peaceful summer scenery in awe and unbothered. He was sitting in comfortable silence on his hospital bed with his back leaning against the headboard. It had been almost four days since he was hospitalized due to the stabbed wound he had on his left lower abdomen—inflicted by one of the members of their rival gang. Luckily, none of his vital organs had been affected, or else, his life will be in serious danger.

He clenched his teeth and gripped his hands on the sheets in frustration at the thought of that possibility. He can't afford to die just yet. There were still a lot of things he needed to accomplish. And one of them was to build a kingdom for his majesty by protecting the latter's longtime dream. Anyone who tries to ruin his king's ambition will have to step on his grave first.

"My servant seems to be doing fine."

Kakucho's thoughts slipped away and quickly turned his head in the direction of the voice, only to be surprised to see their gang's commander at the doorway. "Izana," he muttered. He didn't expect a visit from the bleach-blonde male. It was usually either the Haitani brothers or Mochizuki who would drop by to his room, bringing him some fruits or spare clothes to wear. But never once from him.

Izana walked casually towards him and grabbed a chair to sit next to his bed. The older teen then tossed a huge paper bag he brought into his lap. "The brat asked me to give you that."

Kakucho blinked and was somewhat confused. Curious, he took out of what was inside the bag and was shocked to see a lot of colorful origami cranes which were attached together perfectly by a couple of strings. "What...?" Then something else was slipped out from the bag, it was a card. Kakucho opened the card and read its content quietly. 

To Kaku-san, how are you? I can't visit you in the hospital right now so I folded you a thousand origami cranes instead to wish you a fast recovery from your injury. My friend, Nanami, said that the cranes will grant you one wish and so I did. Thank you for protecting me and I'm sorry for being a burden back there. Please get well soon. From the cutest girl in the world, Akari. :)

Kakucho was left tongue-tied. He didn't know how to react. He gently caressed the origamis. It was actually his first time to receive something as beautiful as this and he appreciated it with all his heart.

"It took her two days to finish that," Izana informed him soon after while the male was observing his reaction with a placid expression.

Kakucho swallowed a lump on his throat and was suppressing himself not to show any emotion. Although he was really touched by the time and effort she spent in making the origamis just for him. He didn't deserve any kindness from the girl, especially after everything she had been through due to his negligence. "Could you tell her I said thank you?" It was not a form of a request but a favor.