SIXTEEN

Thank you for the 5k reads! (・ัω・ั) This story will update once a week due to a busy schedule. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding. Happy reading everyone. 🙂

Warning: Cussing. Profanities.

IT WAS calm right after the storm

After battling in a consecutive three-day chaotic war against test papers and ballpens, final exams were now officially over! All the students in Class 1-A can finally relax and enjoy their summer vacation to their hearts' content without any disturbance for they were momentarily away from their busy school life.

"Enjoy your summer vacation, everyone!" their homeroom adviser, Umeda-sensei, said gleefully. She pressed her hands together and gave them all her very bright smile. "And to those who failed, see you in remedial classes!"

Some of the students groaned while others snickered at their classmates' misery.

"Okay, class dismissed!"

Everyone sprang up from their seats and bowed their heads to their teacher. "Thank you, Umeda-sensei!"

"Congratulations for being the top 1, Akari-chan! You're amazing!" Nanami cheered to the ravenette girl as soon as Umeda-sensei left the classroom. Most of their classmates were also preparing to leave the room as well. "It seems like those eyebags have been paid for, huh?"

Akari chuckled at her friend while packing her things inside her school bag. "You think so?" She also can't believe herself when she saw her full name ranked 1st among the rest of the first-year students on the school's bulletin board. She had never been so happy over her achievement. Now, she can finally have a good night's sleep for days to come. She was also excited to tell Izana and Kakucho the good news.

Nanami nodded cheerfully. "Yeah! It's actually quite a surprise. You just kicked out Hiiragi-kun from his spot!" Her friend was talking about their classmate who was previously their top one and was actually their class representative. He was now ranked second with only a two-point difference from her grade.

"Oh, I did, huh." Akari actually kind of felt bad for him but there was nothing she can do. She was aiming for the top and she still considered him one of her greatest rivals in academics. In fact, she was planning to maintain her spot until she graduated from middle school and no one will stand in her way. She had to work even harder from now on.

"Aren't you guys going home?" Ishiyama asked as he approached the two girls. There were only a few of them left inside the classroom. "Congrats for taking the 1st spot by the way, Hanagaki-san."

The ravenette beamed at him. "Thank you, Ishiyama-kun!"

"Of course, we are," Nanami then told him. She and Akari rose to their seats and grabbed their school bags. The three of them then walked out of the classroom together.