TWENTY-THREE

New update. Please enjoy 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities. Long conversation.

"WHAT DOES Iza-san want to talk about?" Akari murmured to herself as she was on her way back home after running an errand for her aunt in a grocery store

"WHAT DOES Iza-san want to talk about?" Akari murmured to herself as she was on her way back home after running an errand for her aunt in a grocery store. She could sense something serious was up based on the gravity of his text messages. She wanted to know what could that matter be. She rarely talked to Izana these past few days. It was usually just a simple message of either a casual hello or how are you doing, nothing else. The last time they had a proper phone call conversation was after she went to the summer festival.

Akari sighed deeply and thought how badly she missed the bleach-blonde teen, especially his food treats. She can't wait to go back to Yokohama this coming weekend just so she could also give him her present. She was curious to see what kind of reaction he will make. The ravenette could only hope Izana will like it just as how much she appreciated the charm he gave to her.

But before her return, Akari still had to fulfill one more commitment on her last day of summer vacation in Shibuya. She promised to meet up with Mikey on that particular day for his early birthday celebration.

Akari hadn't thought of what sort of a gift she'll give to him since she had no idea what Mikey likes except for flags and dorayaki. Should she ask for help from Shinichiro? On the contrary, she didn't know how to contact the older sibling. And asking Mikey for his phone number was certainly out of the question. Only visiting him at the bike shop to ask him personally was her best option.

Well, she can't leave Shibuya without giving Mikey his birthday present, right? She wanted it to be a surprise. He deserved it anyway because they had recently become best friends in just one week.

Akari decided to go to Shinichiro's shop tomorrow morning since it will be lunchtime soon. Chiako will also not allow her to leave the house after her errand at the grocery store today unless it was only a few blocks away from home. Her aunt didn't want a repetition of her coming home passed dinnertime like the other day and without her cousin's company. It made the older woman worried sick for some unknown reasons.

"I'm back, Auntie!" the young girl called out as she stepped inside the house. She strode into the kitchen area and placed the grocery bags on the countertop, her blue eyes drifted to her aunt who was busy cooking on the kitchen stove. "I already bought all the things you need."

Chiako cocked her head to her niece and smiled gratefully. "Thank you, Akari-chan. I'm sorry if I made you run an errand for me. I can't ask your cousin because Hinata-chan is here."

"No worries, Auntie. I don't mind," Akari said with a reassuring smile. "Do you need some help with the cooking?"

"No need. But can you help me arrange the groceries instead?"

"I would love to!" she happily complied and brought out all the canned goods and other stuff from the plastic bag.

"By the way, did you... encounter anything while going home?" Chiako asked her out of the blue as she placed the canned goods in an array of the other goodies inside the pantry.