THIRTY-EIGHT

I wanted to apologize for the delay. I got really sick this time that the update took a while. Happy reading, everyone! 🙂

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities.

WHERE AM I?

WHERE AM I?

Akari opened a bleary eye.

But she soon squeezed it shut as she was blinded by the very bright light that was grazing over her face.

She tried to open her eyes again and blinked a few times until her vision came into focus. After she was able to adjust herself, she hauled her body up to a sitting position and roamed her eyes around. The sun shone brightly through the open windows where white curtains moved restlessly in the shivering wind. However, what surprised her the most was she recognized the familiar view of her old bedroom back in Shibuya.

Puzzled, she moved out of the bed and stepped outside of her room. She cautiously walked around the place, from the hallway to the dining area up to the living room. She toured and scrutinized every corner of the house. There was no mistake.

She was in their old house where she used to live with her older sister years ago and thought how everything was still the same just like how she left it before moving to her new home.

Her eyebrows then wrinkled in question.

What on earth was she doing here? Did someone bring her here?

All of a sudden, a sharp throbbing pain squeezed her head as dozens of images bombarded her mind as if she was rewinding a film. She froze in place when she gradually started to remember what truly happened to her. A sob rose through her throat as she covered her mouth upon realization.

No way...

Was she dead?

She sharply shook her head. No, that can't be! This must be a dream! That's right! She was only having a bad dream! A very bad dream! Now, all she had to do right now was to wake up and see the real world--

"Akari..."

The ravenette startled at the faint voice calling her name. She spun around and stiffened. Her blue eyes grew wide in utter surprise. She couldn't believe what she saw.

Standing in front of her was the gentle face of no other than her very own sister, Misaki. A warm smile plastered on the corners of the woman's lips as she greeted the young girl. "Hello, lil' sis."

More tears fell out of Akari's eyes as her emotions swelled with sadness, longing, and joy. There was nothing a day she didn't miss her older sister ever since the woman's passing three years ago.

"Onee-chan!!!" Akari cried out and desperately made her way to where Misaki was. The ravenette wanted to hug her. To hold the older female tightly in her arms. And to never let her go. If this was a dream, then she didn't want to wake up just yet.