FORTY

Happy 50k reads! Yay! Thank you so much! 

Author's Note: Cussing. Profanities. Violence. Assault. Dark theme. Kisaki's introduction. (Nah, I don't hate him.)

You've been warned. 

The main storyline of Tokrev will be a year advanced for this story and also a few minor changes. 

All the pictures used were credited to their respective owners.

A FEW MONTHS later.

It was already springtime in the urban capital of the Kanagawa prefecture, Yokohama City. The streets were as vibrant as ever with everyone commercially buoyant for the season. The entire metropolitan city was enriched with colorful and enchanting sceneries of seasonal blooms, mostly sakuras.

Akari had just finished her scheduled therapy session with her psychologist and was now heading outside the clinic. She looked at her surroundings and her face lit up as she spotted Izana who was leaning against his motorbike in the parking lot with a phone in his ear.

"Iza-san!" Akari yelled jovially and ran off toward the tanned male. She excitedly flung her arms around him once she was near him. Her sudden action greatly surprised the latter that he nearly dropped his phone to the ground.

"Shit. What the hell, Akari? I told you to stop doing that, idiot!" Izana rebuked the ravenette and glowered.

Akari only giggled impishly and simply ignored his glare. She stuck her tongue out to him. "Sorry, not sorry!"

Izana only rolled his eyeballs at her mischievousness. "I'll call you back later. The shrimp's already here," he said to the other end of the line and hung up.

"Who is that? Kaku-san?"

He nodded. "Yeah." He hid his phone back in his pocket. "You should refrain from running around like that, Akari. What if you fall and got yourself injured again?"

Akari brushed him off. "Nah, I know you'll always catch me, Iza-san," she answered confidently, smirking.

He arched an eyebrow. "And what makes you say that?"

She beamed at him. "It's simple. I'm your queen and you love me, hehe."

Izana snorted. "Very funny." He playfully pinched her nose and squinted his eyes at her. "You're abusing your privilege too much, brat."

She let out a mirthful laugh. "Of course, I am." Her contagious laughter infected the older teen, making him only laugh as well.

"How's your session with your doctor?" Izana asked shortly after, brushing a few strands of her loose hair away from her face.

"Oh, Kashiwagi-sensei told me that I got a lot better than the first time we met," Akari replied meekly. "I also seldom have nightmares, unlike the previous months, thanks to her."