(S) Dallon W. - Goodnight Socialite

A/N: I'm going to put a warning here because at the end of the story someone is killed (spoiler, not the reader.) It's not very graphic but there are themes of death. This is also a very possessive and sinister seeming song so at the end Dallon says some very insensitive things, slutshaming, ect. Please remember this is a character and he wouldn't do this in real life. :)

In the darkest corner of the house
I found her body there
Cold and stiff
Spine in a twist

I lay awake on the couch, not daring to go into my boyfriend and Is shared bedroom. We had been fighting over stupid shit a lot recently especially his issues with jealousy. He would take it out on me and I hated it. I was starting to think about leaving him even though he's been the only guy I have ever loved as much as I do. I was starting to get conflicted about my cutrent situation.

She left a note
It read like so
"My Dearest one
Here's what you've done"

I get up from the couch and I make my way to the kitchen to grab a notepad and a pen and I start to write.
"My dearest Dallon, here's what has happened. I feel as if we aren't a good match anymore. I love you with my whole heart and I can promise you that I forever will, but I think that love will need to be from afar. I can't keep going through this anymore.
Sincerely, (Y/N)."
I sigh and walk out of the door. I would have my friend come get my stuff tomorrow but I knew that it was now or never. I needed to get out of there.

I've got your knife inside my back
I've got your rope around my neck
I feel the poison in my veins
Corrode and eat away my brains

I didn't make it very far without the feeling of someone watching me. I walked into a small cafe that was open 24 hours and ordered a coffee. That's when the realization hit. I was gone. I left him. Dallon and I were no more. I sigh and laugh nervously and the bell chimes signaling someone had walked in but I didn't care. I just cared about the fact that I was free but why did it feel so bad to be free? Dallon was all I had ever knows. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around to look at whoever was responsible.

I've told you fifteen dozen times
And that's one hundred-eighty times

"Dallon?" I ask shocked.
"Do you want to explain why I found a note saying you were leaving?" He asks.
I can tell by the expression on his face that he is beyond hurt and I sigh.
"I didn't know what else to say." I mumble.
"Why can't we talk about it? You never want to talk about anything you just keep running. Talk to me please." He begs.
I watch as a tear slips out of his eye and I sigh.
I pay for my coffee and order one more for Dallon as well and we take a seat at a table.
"I wanted to but I didn't want you to be mad and I can't do it anymore." I tell him.

If I can't have you
Then no one can

"Well whatever the issue is we can fix it. I promise I'm going to listen to you. I can't lose you." He says.
I grab his hand from across the table to comfort him and we start talking about where the issues had started and when things got bad.

She was an honest girl (never told a lie)

"Dallon, I don't know. Last time we talked about this you told me, you promised me you'd change things and it's the same." I say.
"Is there someone else?" He asks.
I just look at the floor. I couldn't lie to him.
"Is there?" He asks again.
I just nod.
"Who?" He asks.
"Umm, it's Jack." I say.
"Jack?" He asks shocked and hurt.
He chuckles in disbelief as I nod again.
"Why?" He asks.
"I didn't cheat on you I didn't even kiss him but I've been thinking about him a lot Dallon and I'm starting to think we would not be better off." I say.