(I) Josh K. - Only Love

I sigh and let the tears roll down my cheeks. Josh and I had just broken up. I missed him like hell too. He was one of the best things that ever happened to me and I broke up with him over a dumb fight.
I just kept letting all the old memories from when we were happy go through my mind.

"I'm cold." I say, my teeth chattering togetehr as I search for warmth under the small blanket.
"Hmm" is all I get in response from a very tired Josh.
I gently pull the blanket off of him and bundle myself in it. The heat in our apartment complex was in need of a repair and they still had yet to fix it.
"Hey." I hear a whisper.
"Yeah?" I respond.
"Did you take my blanket?" He asks.
"Yeah I'm sorry, I'm so cold." I say.
"Let me under?" He asks.
I nod and let him back under the blanket, clinging onto him for warmth.
"You warm?" He asks.
"Yes." I say.

The memory was fairly painful. I hated thinking about when I was happy with him because it reminded me of how unhappy I was without him.
I wanted him to come back home so bad. I didn't think I would ever be able to calm down. I just let the tears continue to pour down my face. I was broken without him. He made me whole again.
I let my finger hover over his contact and I scroll through our old texts. We used to be so so happy, what happened? I still loved him too. That's the real kicker. Even after every argument and every fight we had, I still loved him with the entirety of my heart.
I think for a moment.
Is this really a good idea?
Am I being rational?
I think back to another time.

"Hey babe, how'd you like the show?" Josh asks me, a huge smile on his face.
This was after the first show of his he had taken me to and I got to sit backstage the whole time.
"It was amazing. You did so good up there. You were meant to be out there Josh." I say smiling at him and he goes to hug me.
"Uck. You're all sweaty." I say pretending to complain.
I honestly didn't mind it all that much, as long as I got to be with him.  That's really all that ever mattered.

All the memories that kept coming in just kept the tears there longer. I finally gave in hitting the call button. He answered on the first ring.
"Hey." He says. I can hear the hurt in his voice.
"I made a mistake." I say.
"I think I did too." He says.
"I miss you." I say.
"I miss you too." He says.
"I need you Josh."
He hangs up.
I cry harder. I messed up again. He doesn't want me back. If it's only love why does it hurt so bad it's not like it's bleeding out of me or anything.
I curl into a ball on my couch and toss the empty ice cream carton from earlier out of my way. I sigh.
I hear my door making noise but I don't care enough to look. It's probably just my best friend Sofie back to check on me again even though I've told her countless times that I would eventually be okay.
I feel the spot next to me sink and a pair of arms wrap themselves around me and I smell the all too famille cologne on the intruder.
There's really only one person that it could be.
Josh.
I don't say anything I just sink into his embrace and cry. After a little while I pull away to look at him. His eyes are puffy and red from crying and he looks like he hasn't been getting much sleep. Neither have I. It's been a difficult week.
"I promise next time we get into an argument that I'll do my best to fix it." He says.
"I can't lose you again like that." I say.
I really couldn't. Everyone has their person. And I'm convinced I've found mine. And it was Josh.
"Can we just stay here?" He asks.
He had been staying with a friend. This was technically our apartment.
"I love you, please never forget that and please can we make sure that everything just states good between us?" I beg.
"Yes. I can't lose you again either. It was like I was missing part of me." He says sadly.
We go back to holding onto each other as if one of us let go, the other would just disappear.