F O U R

Looking around the living room at my family, I can't help but feel the anxiety start to creep up again

Looking around the living room at my family, I can't help but feel the anxiety start to creep up again. What if they don't want me anymore once they find out? What if they think I'm damaged good's? What if they are disgusted to be related to me?

I'm broken out of my thoughts by Xander kneeling on the floor in front of me, with his hands on my knees. "It's okay Bella, whatever you want to tell us, whenever you want to tell us- we will stand by you as a family. Take your time bambina" he says. (baby)

I look at him through teary eyes and, even though I see nothing but honesty in his eye's- I can't help the next words that come out. "You're just saying that. Once you find out what happened you'll hate me and get rid of me" I say as I break down into tears.

Xander immediately scoops me up off the couch and brings me into his lap on the floor. He starts rubbing my back, whispering sweet nothings into my ear and telling me how much they love me and how they will never hate me or be disgusted by anything that I have said or done.

I finally calm down a few minutes later but remain in his lap, a place where I've always felt safe, loved and cared for- especially as a little girl. Taking a deep breath, finally- I'm able to get a few words out.

"Okay, um- for now, all I'm going to tell you guys is that I went through a lot. I'm not entirely comfortable talking about it quite yet, as it's still a very fresh wound- but once I've organized my thoughts a little bit- I promise I'll give you the whole story."

Although it looked like my family wanted to ask questions, they must have seen the pleading look on my face, and thankfully chose to leave it alone. A few minutes of silence went by before I decided I would at least bring up the mafia stuff.

"So, uh, I know who you guys are" I said. The sentence hung in the air for a minute before dad cleared his throat and asked what I meant. "What I mean, is that I know you guys are the Italian-American mafia."

The silence that engulfed the room was deafening, and you could cut the tension with a dull knife. The guys started shifting uncomfortably- and I think they were scared of what I might think of them. "And if that were the case, how would you feel about that bambina?" dad asks as he adjusts himself on the couch- trying to sit up straighter. (baby)

"No need to beat around the bush papà. You don't need to lie to Bryn and I. We're not scared of you, and we're certainly not going anywhere. This is where we belong, and it's what's familiar" I reply. (dad)

"What do you mean by familiar sorellina?" Xander asks. (baby sister)

I cast a glance at Bryn, silently asking her if it's okay that they know- and she gives me a nod, letting me know she's okay with it.

"Okay, well Bryn and I are really comfortable being in this environment because its our environment. Have you guys heard of the assassin's Storm, and the Devil's Creation?" Everyone nodded their heads, and I watch recognition register in each of my brothers eyes.

"Well that's us. Bryn goes by Storm in the underworld, and I'm the Devil's Creation. I'm also the Donna of the French mafia- so like I said, familiar."

"Wow tesoro, that's quite impressive considering how young you both are. I'm very proud of you, both of you" dad says as he gives both Bryn and I a small smile. (sweetheart)

I smiled back at him, and we spent the rest of the night together as a family telling stories and mucking around like we used to as kids. At around 1am we all parted ways and headed to bed.

I took a quick shower, and changed into some sweats that Alfie had dropped off before crawling back into bed. I fell asleep with a smile on my face and only one thought flooding my mind before darkness consumed me.

It feels really good to be home.