F O U R T E E N

Marabella and Alexei spent the rest of the morning and afternoon in her new bookstore, organizing the limited inventory that he had already ordered, and making a list of everything else she wanted to bring in

Marabella and Alexei spent the rest of the morning and afternoon in her new bookstore, organizing the limited inventory that he had already ordered, and making a list of everything else she wanted to bring in. Looking at the clock, Marabella noticed it was just after 3, and they needed to be back at the Russo's estate soon for the family meeting. After closing up shop and jumping back into the car- they stopped for a coffee before hitting the road.

About 15 minutes away from her house, Marabella had a sinking feeling in her stomach- and after telling Alexei about it, she called in some of her French soldiers as reinforcements. Pulling up the long driveway to her house, there were several SUV's parked in the driveway that didn't belong to anyone either of them knew. Marabella knew her soldiers were on their way, so after unholstering her gun and flipping off the safety-  she walked through the open door and into the foyer.

There was yelling that could be heard coming from the living room, and as they both got closer the voices got clearer. "Where is she? Where is the mafia princess?" Marabella paused for a moment, and her heart started to race because, they were looking for her? Clearing her thoughts, Marabella squared her shoulders as she continued on her way- and then eventually coming to a stop beside Alexei by the entrance into the room.

Taking a deep breath, they both stepped inside, guns drawn. Marabella's family noticed them, and Mara nodded her head at her dad- telling him to trust her. He nodded back and she smiled before taking the first shot, aiming right for a mans head. "Showtime gentlemen. Show me what ya got."

As the attention quickly turned to the two new faces, Bryn was able to take that advantage to get herself untied. After slipping out of her ropes- she grabbed her gun from her waistband and fired it into another man's head-killing him instantly. Soon, French soldiers were coming through the house in numbers, and chaos ensued. Within five minutes, all of the intruders were dead and the living room looked like a blood bath. Although she couldn't be sure, Marabella was confident that this was what was remaining of the once very powerful Greek mafia. Shaking her head and turning around,  Marabella knew based on the looks on her family's faces that she had some questions to answer, and she probably wouldn't like any of them.