T W E N T Y - S E V E N

Waking up to our last full day in Paris, I find myself a bit sad at the fact that this trip is about to end

Waking up to our last full day in Paris, I find myself a bit sad at the fact that this trip is about to end. I know that we'll be back again eventually- but this one was a trip I'll never forget, for a lot of reasons. Tomorrow has an early start since we'll be travelling to Russia, so we're having a pretty chill day at home before doing whatever it is that Alexei planned for tonight.

As the morning turned to afternoon, the atmosphere in the house turned light and airy as we spoke about what tonight might look like, and regardless of how many times I begged, or what I tried to bribe him with, Alexei held firm on the details of the evening.

Finally, Bryn, Iris and I were being ushered upstairs and into my suite where a full team of stylists, hair dressers and makeup artists were waiting for us to start getting ready. As the hours ticked by, the boys brought us snacks and drinks, and Nonna and my aunties joined us. Music played, stories were shared, secrets were revealed, and by the time my ass had eventually gone numb, I was finally ready to step into the dress that Alexei had picked out.

I waited for everyone else to get dressed before even attempting to get into mine, and after everyone lending a hand to get it over my head, the dress was finally settled onto my hips, and I was being tied into it. Iris helped me with my heels as Bryn grabbed my jewelry, and with a final spray of perfume I was ready for the big reveal.

"You look beautiful principessa" Nonna says as she dabs at her eyes with a Kleenex. I smile and reach out to her, needing a hug as my emotions started to get the better of me. "Thank you" I say, placing a kiss on her cheek. (princess)

As everyone else filed out of the room, I stayed back, needing a few minutes alone. Walking over to the giant mirror next to the burning fireplace, I took a deep breath as I stared at myself in the mirror. As I looked at my reflection, I couldn't help but notice something different in my eyes. Something happy and content, and without even thinking about it I let my hand fall onto my stomach briefly. Taking a deep breath and swallowing down the emotions, I smile at myself before stepping away from the mirror and heading downstairs.

As my heels clicked against the floor, everyone's attention turned to me, and I watched as dad's eyes started to fill with tears. As I took the last step off the stairs, dad swept me up into his arms and placed a kiss on my forehead. "You're as beautiful as ever principessa." I gave dad a smile and thanked him as I kissed his cheek, before stepping into Alexei's embrace. "Hey sunshine" Alexei says, wrapping his arms around my waist and tucking my head into his chest. "Hey" I whisper as I melt into him. (princess)