T W E N T Y - F O U R

Waking a few hours later, the sun is shining and I'm feeling better now that I've had some rest

Waking a few hours later, the sun is shining and I'm feeling better now that I've had some rest. Getting through a day without a nap or four lately has been quite the task, and even though I'm sleeping a lot, I feel like I can never get ahead of the exhaustion.

And god bless Alexei. He's been joining me for every nap, while also managing to pick up my slack. I don't know how he does it. He comes home every day exhausted, yet always finds time to tell me how beautiful I am, cook a meal for us, or take me out a date. He never fails to make me laugh, and I know that we have a beautiful life ahead of us.

Sighing, I sit up in the bed and crawl on top of Alexei so that I'm straddling his hips. I lay back down with my ear to his chest and listen to his steady heartbeat as I run my fingers through his hair. I don't know how long I laid like that before I felt his arms wrap around my waist, and he pull me tighter against him.

I love laying with him. I love the way he holds me. We don't even need to talk- just laying together like this is enough for me. Somehow, being together calms my racing heart and my anxious thoughts.

"Good Morning детк" Alexei whispers after few moments of silence. (baby)

"Good morning моя любовь" I reply in a whisper. (my love)

We cuddled for a few moments, listening to the sounds of the rain pattering against the windows before chatting about what we wanted to do today. The only thing that I absolutely have to do today is stop by the warehouse. Eziah told me about a week ago during our weekly debrief that we had a bunch of new recruits, and since I'm here, I'd like to spend a couple hours observing them.

Deciding to finally get up and start getting ready for the day, I started to do my hair and makeup while Alexei got back into the shower. After I was dressed, Alexei emerged from the bathroom, water dripping down his chest and abs before disappearing under his towel. I couldn't help but stare at him, and found myself drooling. I only came back to my senses when his rough voice filtered into my ears.

"Like what you see my love?" he taunts, a smirk on his face as he continues to dry his hair with another smaller towel.

"Obviously" I retort, not at all upset about the view. Alexei chuckles as he walks over to me, grabbing me by the waist and pulling my body into his. We stood in each other's embrace for a while, enjoying the warmth the other was providing before he placed a kiss against my lips and reluctantly pulled away.