T W E N T Y - F I V E

Paris is a complete dream

Paris is a complete dream. After waking up this morning and taking a quick shower, Alexei and I left the house to go explore the city more. We've been here a little over 34 hours and are having the time of our lives together. It's been so fun to unwind and goof around, and there's no one else I would rather be here with. So far today, we've been to another art gallery, a museum, several boutiques, and have even managed to stop at a few of the café's that I own- making sure to grab a coffee or croissant at each one before moving onto the next.

My birthday is in two days, and although we didn't have anything specific planned for our visit, Alexei say's he does have a small surprise for me for that night. He truly has gone above and beyond even my wildest dreams, and I can't help falling more in love with him every day.

It's just past 3pm, and I'm exhausted from the already full day of exploring. Alexei and I left the house just past 6am this morning, wanting to get as much done as possible since our family is flying in today to spend the rest of the week with us before we all head to Russia.

Arriving back at the house just before 4, my phone lights up with a text from dad, letting me know that they had landed and were on their way. I smiled, and let Alexei know as we headed inside, and I was pleasantly surprised at how clean it was. Eziah came downstairs, and noticing my surprise, let me know the house keepers had just left. I gave him a smile and nodded my head before heading over to the hall closet and pulling out a bunch of my favourite candles, passing them to Alexei for him to set around the main floor and light.

Just about an hour later, as I'm standing in the kitchen putting together a batch of snickerdoodles, I hear the sound of tires crunching against the gravel, and I smile knowing that everyone is finally here. Alexei comes into the kitchen and sets his coffee mug down before wrapping me up in his arms. "They're here" he says, placing a kiss on my forehead as his thumbs started rubbing small circles in their place on my hips. I smile up at him, wrapping my arms around his neck as we sway back and forth to the music playing in the background, I Guess I'm In Love by Clinton Kane.

Being here in Paris, doing these seemingly small domestic tasks together has been a different experience to our lives in the states. Our normally very fast paced lives have slowed during our time here, and its given us a glimpse of a future to come. Of a home, and family. A new chapter for us and our lives together.

The moment is interrupted by the tell-tale sound of my brothers barrelling through my house and towards the smell of cookies baking, and I cant help but shake my head and chuckle at the sound of them shoving one another as they get closer to the kitchen.

Sure enough, a few quick seconds later, there the 7 of them stand in the centre of my kitchen. "Hey sis, smelled cookies. Is that snickerdoodles?" Gio asks, walking over to the oven and reaching for the doors handle to get a look. I smack his hand away before pointing back towards the rest of the group. "Yes they are, now back over there. They just went in and need about 11 minutes to cook." Gio chuckled and took a seat on one of the barstools at the counter as everyone else filtered into the room.

Alexei and I made our rounds, giving hugs and kisses to everyone before the timer on the oven went off and I pulled out the cookies. Gio was the first to reach for one, and I shook my head with a laugh when he burned himself on the still hot treats before dropping it on the counter. "That's what you get for not letting them cool down you dumbass" I say, shoving the tin of cooled cookies over to him. "Here, these ones won't burn the roof of your mouth off."

Gio smiled at me and kissed my temple before plucking a cookie from the tin and walking back over to the stool. "You're the best Mara." I smiled and chuckled a little bit. I swear these boys will be the death of me.

After everyone had a few cookies, we all moved into the living room to sit around and chat. Eventually dinner time came, and no one wanted to cook, so Xan and Iris ended up ordering pizza's for everyone.

After food was delivered, the rest of the night was spent in the living room, eating, watching movies, and chatting about what we've been up to the last couple days. Around 11, Alexei and I bid goodnight to everyone and headed upstairs for bed. After a shower and changing into some comfy clothes, we crawled into bed and Alexei wrapped his arms around me, his hands finding a place on my stomach. The two of us laid there for a while just enjoying the warmth and comfort the other provided, and I listened as he talked about his childhood in Russia.

Soon, I found myself falling asleep, but before I could succumb to the darkness Alexei grabbed my chin and turned my face towards his, placing a gentle kiss against my lips. "I love you so much Marabella Athena. We're going to have a beautiful life together."

I teared up a little bit and placed another kiss against his lips. "I love you Alexei. Thank you for being my home."

"