E L E V E N

Heading to dinner a little later that night had proved to be a bit harder than I had originally anticipated

Heading to dinner a little later that night had proved to be a bit harder than I had originally anticipated. Although Xander had kept his promise not to tell anyone but dad about Alexei and I, dad did not make that same promise- therefore by the time I was ready to leave for dinner, the boys had magically decided that they were not.

Instead, dad told us all to take a seat in the living room so we could have a family meeting. Sitting down next to Matteo, I threw my legs over his lap as dad started. "So bambina... are you dating the Romanov boy?" Although I was expecting the question, it still caught me a bit off guard. (baby)

"He has a name papa" I scold, already annoyed with the conversation. "But no, we're not dating yet." Dad studies my face for a while, probably trying to tell if I'm lying- but I'm not, and once he finally realizes that, he nods his head. "I believe you, but what do you mean by yet. You're either dating or you aren't, explain." (dad)

Sighing, I sit up a little straighter and plant both of my feet on the ground. "It means exactly what you think it means. We're not dating yet. We both like each other, and we both know that- but rather than jumping straight into a relationship- we've taken the last few weeks to really get to know each other. I'd imagine we'll be having a chat soon about the future of our relationship, but for now we're happy" I say, directing my last sentence to everyone in the room. "Okay" dad says, nodding his head and standing up form where he had taken a seat on the couch. "Lets go- we're going to be late."

"Dad, are you serious? You're seriously going to let her date fucking Alexei Romanov of all people?" Giovanni yells, frustrated with how the conversation went. Matteo smacks him on the back of his head, and tells him to watch his tone before dad cuts in. "Yes Giovanni- I'm dead serious, and I suggest you watch how you speak to me in the future. No one has ever given an opinion on who the lot of you have brought home and fucked in my house- let alone dated. If your sister is happy, then that's all that matters. Understood?" Gio swallowed and nodded his head before gathering his things and heading out to the cars. As everyone else started heading out- dad called my name.

"I meant what I said principessa. As long as you're happy, and he's treating you well you have all of my love and support. Just, be careful il mio amore, and promise me you'll come to me if he's ever bad to you." I nodded my head, though I knew it would never come to that. With a kiss on my forehead- dad grabbed my hand and led me outside to the car. (princess, my love)