12| sweet as Sugar

1st person. Y/N POV

Mmmmm spice

=================

It's been a few days.

Clarification, its been a few days since I've spent the night with Mike. He spent the weekend with me, but he hasn't had the time to come over anytime during the week. Sure, I talk to him loads at work when he isn't locked up in his office or obsessing over that janky bear robot he refuses to take out of the staff room, but talking isn't exactly satisfactory.

Im not saying I want to Bang Mike Schmidt, but I want to hang out again, watch a movie, go out to dinner, and maybe bang.

I just need to catch him at the right moment. He gets nervous and instantly rejects anything to, anyone if he is in large groups.

It's 23, December. I have a right to be eager to go out.

--

It's 2 pm. Mike should be coming out of his office at any time...once he leaves, he goes straight to the kitchen to make a snack, obviously trying to be sneaky, but failing.

I snap my head over in the direction of the office whenever I hear the door creak open, and an all too familiar, painfully covered up Mike walks out, his hands held together anxiously as he looks around. Our eyes meet,(At least, I assume they do) and the waves. As he turns and makes a b-line to the kitchen, I follow quickly at his heels.

"Mike," I said quickly. He ignored me, giving me a side glance look as if I just kicked a dog.

"Who?" He lifted his mask slightly, squinting his eyes at me...I just scoffed in response. "Okay, fair enough." He said quickly, holding his hands up in surrender. "What's up?"

"Do you want to come over after work?"

"Hm?" He hummed stupidly.

"Come over after work." This time it didn't come out as a question.

"Oh okay." His voice had a slight hitch in it, which made it crack as he slowly pulled a box of cookies down from the cupboard. I couldn't help but smile at how much of a damn beta male he was....

Closing time. 8 pm. I didn't stay in the building, in fact, I waited outside for Mike. The ventilation has gone out about an hour ago, so it was like walking around in the Amazon...the air was so thick you could cut it with one of the plastic knives that were on the party tables.

8:15 pm is when Mike finally joined me outside.

"Sorry." He cleared his throat, his mask still securely on as I hooked my arm with his.

"Why don't you take that silly thing off? it's just you and me."

"out in public, Dear." His voice dragged, making that Posh hick sound deep. "I've been feeling insecure lately...."

"I see." I Hummed, pulling him along with me as we left the parking lot. he dragged behind a bit, which caused us to walk slower than usual, but this didn't bother me tremendously.

8:40 pm, we reach my building...I let us in and drag this poor man up these five flights of stairs. I feel him squeeze my hand as we reach the floor.

"Are you making dinner?" His voice chimed as I opened the door, letting him in first. I nodded, but he was facing away from me, so it didn't matter.

"yeah, but im not sure what, yet." I huffed. I saw him collapse in one of the bar stools. He flipped the mask off of his face, his hands landing in his hair as he groaned loudly.

"People." He groaned, laying his head down.

"people." I agree, rubbing circles on his back. "want to talk about it?"