36| tragedies

1st person. 
switching POV's

==========

Y/N POV

--

I glance back at Michael every few minutes to make sure he hasn't left the room. I know he wouldn't do that, but the silence makes my stomach sick. 

"Can you turn on the speakers?" I say finally after a long period of silence. I see him turn to face me, then nod and stride to a small booth, which contained a remote and a computer, which controlled the speakers. 

"Any requests?" He said, looking at me once more. 

"Just- anything. The silence is making my head hurt." I sigh. He nods at me. I cant see what he's doing, but it doesn't take long for some sort of song to play. I don't recognize it, but it's nice. Michael approaches me next and holds out his arms to me. "What?" I raise my eyebrows. 

"I like this song. Dance with me." He says with a funny grin on his face. I hesitantly put my hands in his, and he pulls me forward quickly, waltzing slowly. It was quite an upbeat song, so his dancing technique didn't quite make sense. 

There were drums, a tambourine, a guitar...multiple guitars. that was all I could recognize. It was upbeat and rhythmic, and Michael could NOT dance, but he tried. 

"you look so fine that I really wanna make you mine" Was the first lyric he sang to me, shaking his hips in my direction, making me laugh. He twirled and fired finger guns at me, giving me an awkward smile. He was trying his best. "Honey...come on." He said quickly, hoping for my hand once more. When I took him, he pulled me and twirled me quickly.  

"What are you doing?" I said with a laugh. 

"Dancing." He laughed. "I said, are you gonna be my girl?" He sang another part of the lyrics, twirling me once more, almost making us his a table. "She's so sweet with her Get back stare" He once again shook his hips in my direction, and I cringed...so hard

"Oh my god." I laughed, he took my hand once more, pulling an East Coast Swing type of thing with me, which almost made me fall. He was into it, and it was great, but oh my god he was so bad at dancing that it made me want to cry...

"Okay, that's all I've got..." He huffed as the song ended.

"What was that song called?" I hooked my arm around the small of his back, leading him to one of the table seats. 

"Are you gonna be my girl." He snorted. "It's by Jet. I like their work." 

"Awesome..." I sighed, backing away slightly. Glass animals played softly in the background as Michael tried his best to catch his breath. I walked away, going to continue with the tables. 

also. Thank you, Grammarly for thinking my writing is so gloomy......

 Thank you, Grammarly for thinking my writing is so gloomy

---

Michael POV

---

I watched as they walked away from me. Suddenly I felt embarrassed...did I seriously just do that? With them? In front of them? While they're breathing in the same room as me? While I'm actually existing? 

I let my face rest in my palms...I groan softly, my whole body feeling hot. I wanted to curl up and die right there...well, properly. The way they laughed and the look there gave me...THE LOOK. 

I look up slightly and I meet their eye. They quickly turn to look away, focusing on a stack of cups that they just dropped. I stood up weirdly, bumping into the table as I go back over to the closet, where the knob is still turned. I turn it back the right way, and I hear the water rush back through the pipes. My whole body feels itchy. 

I turn to look at them again, but this time, their back is to me, and I can't see their face. They move slowly down the table, setting up displays of cups, plates, napkins, and utensils. We had a large party booked out for the whole day, so we needed to be prepared. 

"The water all good?" they said suddenly, making my body jolt. I nodded, then realized that they couldn't see me. 

"Er- yeah. Yeah, it's good now." I closed the door, standing awkwardly by the wall. I reach over and begin picking at the wallpaper, unsure of what to do next...I felt horrible already. 

"Are you okay?" 

"Yup!" I said immediately, earning a small look from them. I shrunk back against the wall, my face feeling hot once more. "Im gonna...go in my office for a bit," I said slowly, slowly striding in the direction of my office. 

"You're just going to leave me alone in here?" they said loudly, trying to catch my attention. 

"The door won't be locked, love..." I said cooly, now backing away from them until my back hit the door. I reached behind me to find the doorknob, which turned easily. I thought I locked it...

As I turn around to open the door, I am disappointed to find that my chair is missing...however, I find one of the legs sticking out of the vent on the right side. I frown, simply just leaving the room after that. Like, who has time for that kind of stuff? These guys are playing pranks now? Im not stupid. 

I lock the door this time, then look at Y/N, who looks confused. 

"I thought-" 

"Changed my mind." I interrupted them. "Im going to the staff room instead." 

"Can i-"

"If you want, I guess," I said quickly, then strode to the staff room, closing the door behind me. Im not even sure that Y/N actually followed me...

I didn't even get to sit down before I saw it. 

---

Y/N POV

---

I winced when Michael kept interrupting me. I didn't even bother following him. That wasn't the correct answer. 'if you want' seriously? welcome me with open arms, not brush me off like some dismissive duke, jeez. I scoff and turn back to the tables, aggressively pushing in one of the chairs. We open in an hour and he's barely done anything...well, except for pulling the dead animal out of the pipe, but that's about all! 

I go to the music booth and turn off the music. The noise of Queen and Glass Animals was making my head hurt. Michael's attitude was making my head hurt. These napkins are making my head hurt! why are they purple when everything else is GREEN. 

I throw myself down on one of the table chairs, my face in my palms. Once again, the room is filled with a long, eerie silence that makes my ears ring. It's suddenly the loudest thing in the room, and my head feels like it's about to split open when...

I hear an almost blood-curdling scream come from the next room over, then a very loud crash of what I only assume to be a large table hit the door. Suddenly I didn't know what to do. Suddenly I felt stuck in my seat. Why would I run to such a scream? Such a noise? A crashing sound that continues for a moment. That scream is unmistakably Michael. I've never met another man whose voice cracks so much. Whose voice is so deep, yet so posh and sweet. He whimpers when he cries, and he begs when he's in pain. 

I stand up when the noise stops. I hate myself more and more as I approach the door, my palms sweaty, and my arms heavy as I reach for the door handle. 

Then I get knocked back quickly. The door swings open in my direction, knocking me off of my feet and into one of the tables behind me. 

That's the last thing I remember before I blackout. 

========