21| Dead Man walking

1st person Michael Afton POV

============

I ended up falling asleep on the sofa.

---

I woke up at 5 am to a loud banging on the door. This obviously startled me because...well, I haven't been here in god knows how long, why would any maniac be banging on the door at this hour?!

I get up either ay and haul myself over to the door...

"Who is it?" I say loudly, pressing my ear to the door.

"Open the door." A voice said. I couldn't tell anything from it because of how muffled it was...The door was quite thick.

I hesitated, obviously. it could be the police. it could be my father- maybe even just a little kid who saw me come in last night. Could be curious neighbors...who know...either way, I slowly turned the handle and pulled the door open a few inches...just enough to lookout. It was still dark, so I had to squint my eyes to see anything.

"Mike." The voice said again, making me a jolt. It was Y/N.

"How'd you find my address?" I said quickly, tugging the door open. They pushed past me and walked inside, not bothering to ask.

"It smells like death in here..." They said softly, putting the collar of their shirt up so it covered their nose.

"How did you find this house?" I said again, my voice slightly more stern.

"Just did." They shrugged. "Also...uh...that little pot outside is broken."

"WHAT?!" My voice cracked.

"That pot...by the front door. I couldn't see very well, and I tripped over it. It isn't broken too bad, so it can be fixed, but it's all old and gross, so I wouldn't even bother." They shrugged again, their hands in their pockets. I wanted to punch them in their face.

"Are you serious?" I growled, my fingers pulling at my hair as I strode to the other side of the room. "Why are you here? You were the one who kicked me out."

"I wanted to make sure you were okay." They came further into the sitting room but cringed when they saw the sofa. "Eh..." They groaned. "I just needed some time to cool off." I watched as they bent over and picked up the bottle of perfume I fell asleep with. It had ended up on the floor because it rolled right out of my hands. Y/N seemed intrigued by it, turning it around so they could read the labels.

"Don't break it," I said slowly, earning an eye roll from them.

"Im not going to break it. Im just looking, Mikey." They reassured, grinning at me as they turned the nozzle of it away from them. They spritzed some onto their wrist, lifting it to their face to smell. They quickly pulled it away, wincing. "Oh...that's horrible..."

"No, it isn't," I said, snatching the bottle from their hands. "It smells nice."

"It's very...interesting..." They nodded. "Why do you have a bottle of half-used perfume?"

"Was my mums." I rolled my eyes, setting the bottle down on the lamp desk. 'What? Thought I was screwin' around?"

"No! Mike, I never said that." They shook their head. "I was just wondering. Just curious."

"Right right." I raised my eyebrows, striding to the sofa to sit down. I saw them approach, then put the back of their hand to my forehead again. I soon pulled back, giving them a weird look.

"You're fever is gone." They said softly, shifting awkwardly on their legs. They didn't want to sit on the sofa...I know how it looks, so I won't judge.