38| Thanatophobia

1st person. Switching POV's

! Mentions of death!

=====

Michael POV

---

I push Y/N out of the building, kissing them before I shut the doors. My body ached... I Knew they were horrified with what they just witnessed, what they just witnessed in me- what they witnessed with that...thing. Im not sure how much of it they saw, however. Im not sure if they heard what was being said, or if they saw the panic I had. 

I stared out the window until Y/N was out of sight. It was a ten-minute walk to their building, and with their limp, I'm going to give them about 15 before I leave the door...My back was turned to the staff office...I knew nothing would be coming there for a while...

It's 7:20 am. I take a stool from the side closet and drag it back into the staff room, where the moaning pile of wires and now broken and dented metal lay, moving slowly, trying to lift itself up.

"wha-what a pleasant surprise..." the creature said, its voice distorted and high. it cackled weirdly, making me cringe.

"you can't move..." I said slowly, squinting my eyes at the creature as I set the stool down and sat down. my back slouched. It just stared at me, creaking softly as its parts clunked against one another as it shifted around, trying to position itself up. It couldn't hold for more than a few seconds.

"no-not to disappoint..." It said slowly, sounding defeated as it's wired...hands? reached up to the torn open vent...the shaft metal was completely clawed up.

"it's amusing..." I shrug.. "im sorry."

"where are you?" A soft voice echoed through the opening in the vent. I heard a sudden scraping that I didn't hear before. The pile of wired chuckled lowly, turning its head away from me as it slowly clunked back into the vent. "you should have known I'd find you..." The voice said again, this time louder.

"you-" I started to say, pushing my stool back as a scrappy, familiar-looking mess of bolts, wires, and metal crawled out of the vent after the other left. "I threw you back in the alley!" I pointed my finger at it. at her.

"you're not who I was expecting to see..." Her voice dragged lowly as the scrap animatronic stared at me, hanging halfway out of the vent. "you don't really know who your employer is, do you?" She sounded Sarcastic.

"stay away from me-" I gasped, standing up so quickly that it knocked the stool over. it almost made me stumble.

"you really played right into our hands..." She said slowly, her hands scratching against the vent as she gripped onto the edge. "do you really think this was a job that just..cell out of the sky for you?"

"no! I knew- I knew what I was getting into! he-"

"This was a gift for us..." She interrupted, her wires slowly flowing out of the vent. "just as he asked you to...you gathered them all here, together in one place..." Her voice carried cooly as she emerged. a gift...just for us! all those little souls in one place...."

"stop." my voice cracked as I backed up, my feet stumbling over the stool. I caught myself on the wall, barely missing it.

"now we can do what we were created to do, and be complete!"

"stop talking."

"I will make you proud, daddy!"

"Please!" I choked, moving slowly to the right, where the door was. I knew there was going to be a...' special day' where I was told to gather Them all here...I knew who he was talking about, but...what is this day?