12| Explore

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Explore

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 12: Explore (Josh's POV)

All four of us had been standing at baggage claim for nearly twenty minutes now and none of our bags had shown up yet. 

"Did we all give our bags to the wrong people or something, jeez, why the hell is it taking so long?" Jamieson groaned. 

"There are still a lot of other people waiting too, you know, I guess their flight just had a lot of people on it," Poppy shrugged, looking around. 

"It still shouldn't be taking this long, don't you think?" Valerie scoffed slightly, turning to me. 

I paused, staring at her blankly. "I really don't care much for it," I shrugged. 

"Oh, finally," Jamieson mumbled before reaching forward and pulling up his suitcase, moving to the side once he did. 

"I think that's yours," Poppy said to me, moving out of the way. 

I unfolded my arms and stepped forward, grabbing the handle and pulling it off the conveyor belt swiftly, setting it on the ground. 

Another two minutes later, Valerie's bag showed up. "Oh, that's mine. Can someone help me out?" she chuckled softly. 

With a brief pause as Jamieson, Poppy, and I exchanged glances, Jamieson stepped up. "Yeah." 

I grabbed Poppy's arm, pulling her to the side. She stumbled a bit, staring up at me and I didn't have to look at her to know that's what she was doing. 

"Um, thanks," Valerie said, taking her bag from him and moving to the side. 

Poppy rocked back and forth on her heels, still waiting for her bag. Knowing her, she will struggle a bit to pick it up, just like she did when we got to the airport back in New York, and despite that, she won't ask me to help her, I just know it. But I'd rather her not embarrass herself and me with her. 

"Jamieson, why don't you and Valerie go get us two cabs while Poppy gets her bag?" I asked. 

"Uh, I can wait with her," Valerie shrugged, glancing between us. 

"That's fine," Poppy chimed in, glancing at us over her shoulder. "You should get a cab," she pulled on a smile. 

"Yeah, sure. Valerie, let's go," Jamieson shrugged, both of them leaving a minute later. 

I watched Poppy in amusement as she straightened up, spotting her bag.

She huffed once it was close enough and took in a deep breath like she was about to do some crazy stunt. 

I scratched my brow, glancing at the floor while running my tongue along the inside of my cheek, trying not to laugh at her. It's rude but it's true, I'm never laughing with her, it's always at her. But she was so dumb sometimes, there was nothing else to do but laugh.