16| Photograph

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Photograph

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 16: Photograph (Josh's POV)

She almost told me I'm handsome. And I can't decide how I feel about that. I don't know if I should rub it in her face or let her pretend like it never happened. 

"Let's take two separate cabs then," Valerie said as we walked out of the hotel and headed towards the street. "That way, we won't have to squeeze together in one." 

"Sure. Then I guess Poppy and Josh should share a cab," Jamieson said. 

"Wait, why?" Valerie frowned in confusion. 

Poppy and I glanced at each other but she blinked away first, adjusting the strap of her purse on her shoulder. 

"Well, they have to coordinate and plan everything, Valerie. Plus, we're the photographers, so we should probably discuss everything as well," Jamieson shrugged and then faced Poppy and me. "That's fine, right?" 

I nodded once. "Of course." So then we stopped two separate cabs, Poppy and I got in one while Jamieson and Valerie took another one. As the cab started driving, I couldn't help but notice how unlike herself Poppy was being. I paused and then shifted a bit closer to her. "Embarrassed, are you?" I whispered. 

She turned to look at me, a bit startled. "What?" She blinked in confusion. 

"You're awfully quiet," I said, moving back to my seat. 

"Am I? Hmm well, I think it's just the fact that I don't like speaking to you. You annoy me." 

"Oh, is that so? Because I'm handsome?" 

She scoffed and then let out a dry laugh. "I never said you were." 

"You almost did," I argued. 

"Yeah, but I didn't. And clearly, it's gotten to your head without it even happening." 

I took in a breath, looking out the window. "Poppy Valentine thinks I'm handsome? Wow," I taunted. 

"You dick," came her reply. 

I glanced at her out of the corner of my eye, a smile tugging at my lips. I didn't say anything for the rest of the drive until we reached the museum where we got out after paying. 

Both of us standing at the entrance, she cleared her throat and without looking at me, asked, "We should wait for Jamieson and um, Valerie, right?" 

"Should we?" I questioned, glancing at her. "It's not like they photograph us," I mumbled under my breath. 

"They left right after us, shouldn't they be here by now too?" Poppy huffed, holding up a hand to block out the sunlight. 

Hesitating as I watched her, I released a breath and walked around her, taking a small step forward so that I blocked the sunlight.