35| Rules

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Rules

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

!Smut ahead!

Chapter 35: Rules (Poppy's POV)

I was still laughing, thinking about his reaction and little scream when he stepped right under the pouring rain without realizing it. He let out a huge shriek as the water started pouring down on us before I took his hand and began pulling him to run with me. 

He shook his hair out, closing the door behind me while I put my hand on the wall, pulling the strap off and kicking my heels to the side. 

"You're so cute," I spun around to face him, holding both sides of his face before going high up on my toes and kissing him. 

He smiled against my lips, settling his hands on my waist, squeezing firmly. I pulled away, making him groan softly as I walked backward into the room. 

I was well aware that we were both still soaked to the bone, but I really didn't care. For the time being though, I still didn't sit anywhere so I wouldn't drench anything with me. "I've never heard you squeal like that," I teased him, taking my earrings off and placing them on the TV cabinet, hanging my purse on the back of the chair by the desk. 

He shook his head, chuckling to himself while dropping his wallet on the cabinet. "I can't believe you made me run all the way here in the rain." 

"But it's so fun to run in the rain, no?" I asked. 

He lifted his eyes to mine in amusement, a smirk tugging at his lips. "With you, yes," he nodded, unhooking his watch and leaving it beside his wallet. 

I opened our curtains just enough for me to look out as a loud rumble of thunder echoed outside. The sound came here muffled but it was still audible. 

He began unrolling his sleeves and then unbuttoning his shirt. "God, we're soaked, Poppy. Shouldn't you change? Before you catch a cold," he chuckled. 

"I won't catch a cold," I reassured him. 

"You're prone to colds." 

My brows shot up. "How do you know that?" A grin tugged at my lips. 

"I've noticed at work. You get a lot of colds during winter and the one-off time that you get drenched in the rain." He walked back to the thermostat, his shirt still on and sheer on him except now it was unbuttoned. He turned the temperature up by a few more degrees before walking into the bathroom and shrugging his shirt off. 

Housekeeping left the bathroom blinds up after cleaning like they usually do, but Josh didn't bother to pull them down. 

He shrugged his shirt off, squeezed out all the extra water before shaking it out and hanging it on the pegs above the bathtub on the towel rack. He came back out, looking at me. "Get changed, go. Should I pull the blinds down?" 

"I'm going, give me a minute," I bit back a grin, watching him, my eyes raking up and down his naked chest and abs. 

He laughed to himself, his hands moving to his belt. He unbuckled it, slid it out of the loops, and started wrapping it around his hand.