41| Epilogue

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Epilogue

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 41: Epilogue (Poppy's POV)

Six months later...

"I'll get it for you," Josh said, pulling me back as my suitcase approached us on the conveyor belt. 

We were finally here, our flight landed about fifteen minutes ago, and unfortunately, Josh was the only one excited about this trip. Because we're not traveling with the magazine or going on a fun little trip. We're in San Diego so Josh can meet my family. 

Six months ago, when we quit Travel Addict Weekly, we spent a few weeks doing nothing and wasted our time. That's exactly what we were still doing until one day, I went down to a café while I was out shopping with Josh. We wandered into a bookstore and while he looked for more books to buy than he already did, I went down the street to get coffee, and there I ran into Owen. 

We talked a bit while I waited on our drinks and he told me about this magazine. 

Chasing Horizons. 

Apparently, one of his new co-workers had been fired from there and started working with him, but he was fired because the CEO found out that he was giving away details to rival companies. Travel Addict Weekly included. He said if Josh and I wanted to work together, we could try them out because they didn't have a couple's or honeymoon section in their magazine. So, after a few days of planning, Josh and I took our resumés and showed up for our scheduled interviews. 

We were called in separately but we planned it and gave them the same prompts. Luckily, we were hired on the spot. Chasing Horizons was ten times better than Travel Addict Weekly and so far, we'd only been working there six months. They had a better work environment, their CEO, Mr. Gerard was an angel compared to Lydia, and we even had higher paid salaries. The process was more or less the same when it came to traveling though. But at the office, we didn't have to hide anything. Chasing Horizons didn't have a 'no office relationships' policy, it was rather the opposite, we weren't the only couple working together. 

This month, we both took a leave because, at the end of the last month, Josh had this brilliant idea. 

"Let's go to San Diego." 

I turned to him in confusion from where I sat on his couch. "With the magazine? But there's not a lot to do in San Diego. It's not really a magazine kind of spot." 

"I meant let's go on our own. Take a leave from work and go ourselves," he said, turning to me while his hand that rested on my bare thigh started drawing circles. 

"What do you want to see in San Diego?" I chuckled. 

He paused. "I want to meet your family." 

And now here we are. "Josh, I'm telling you this is a bad idea," I warned as we started heading out. 

"Why? We've been together for half a year now, when am I going to meet your family? When we get married?" 

I rolled my eyes. "My Dad and brother aren't as great as you think and I'm not that close to either of them anyway. I just don't get what you're trying to achieve. But okay. Let me call Dad and ask where he is," I said, taking my phone out and calling his number.