23| Jealous

I changed the chapter name

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Jealous

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 23: Jealous (Poppy's POV)

I was most definitely drunk. Not just tipsy, drunk. But not totally wasted, just drunk. 

Sitting at a bar with Joshua Nilsen proved to be considerably boring since he wasn't drinking more than two glasses of scotch. He cut himself off and here I was, having margarita after margarita. So, I made it a game. Every question Josh asked about me and I couldn't answer or simply refused to, I had to take three big sips. This game ended up being my doom because now my head was spinning and I wanted to dance. It's not good to dance when I'm drunk, especially when Josh is here to watch. 

I finished the last sip of the margarita in front of me with a slurp of the straw before pushing the glass away. I sighed loudly, putting my arms on the table and leaning down to rest my head on them but frowned when Josh caught my chin. 

"Stay awake. That head goes down and you're falling asleep in seconds," he said, shaking my head. 

Groaning, I smacked his hand away but sat upright anyway, spinning my barstool to face him. 

He laughed softly and traced the rim of his empty glass with the tip of his finger before looking at me. "Have you had enough of the margaritas yet, are we done here? Can we leave now?" 

I grumbled, looking around the place. "I want to dance," I whined, "will you dance with me?" 

He let out a fake chuckle and then deadpanned, shaking his head. "No." 

"Can I go dance then?" I raised my brows at him. 

"You don't need my permission, Poppy. To do anything you want to do," he replied. 

"Okay then," I shrugged and slid off the stool, holding my purse out for Josh. 

He took it, placed it on the counter, and spun his stool, watching me as I moved through the crowd before I found a spot. 

I ran a hand through my hair, sighing in frustration. "Well now, who do I dance with?" I mumbled to myself. 

"Hey there," someone said, grabbing my hips. 

I spun around, a little startled before slapping the hands away. 

"Whoa, okay," the guy chuckled, holding his hands up in surrender. 

I blinked in surprise and then blinked again, getting a closer look at him. "Logan? Logan Wellington?" 

He grinned, just as shocked as me. "Poppy Valentine?" 

"Oh wow," I laughed, "it's been so long since I saw you!" 

"I know, not since college graduation, right? How long has it been? Three years?" 

"Yeah, pretty much." 

"It's so good to see you," he chuckled.