30| Accident

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Accident

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 30: Accident (Josh's POV)

I held the door open as she walked past me and into our room, glancing up at me on the way, laughing softly. "What?" I asked, following her and closing the door behind me. 

"Nothing. You just seemed so annoyed when that old couple stopped our elevator and joined us," she snorted. 

Rolling my eyes, I stopped at the TV cabinet where I left my wallet and took my watch off with it as well. "Of course, I was annoyed. I was kissing you and someone interrupted us." 

"If that annoys you so much, you should get used to it." 

"Oh, really? Why's that?" I lifted a brow, facing her and leaning against the cabinet behind me. 

"Because," she sighed, sitting at the foot of the bed, tossing her purse to me. I caught it, placing it beside my wallet. "We're not allowed to do that kind of stuff at the office either." 

I frowned in confusion, "So? We just won't do anything like that at work." 

She watched me in amusement, leaning back on her hands. "You sure?" 

"Yeah," I shrugged nonchalantly. We stared at each other for a moment and every second that passed, the longer I looked at her, the more uncertain I started to feel about the words that just so idiotically poured out of my mouth a few moments ago. 

Poppy stood up slowly and walked over to me, stopping barely an inch away. She tilted her chin up daringly, her brows rising in a challenge. She leaned in closer to me, tempting me with a kiss. "Are you sure?" she asked again. 

I didn't reply because I was afraid to even breathe while being this close to her. The moment I did, the scent of her perfume hit me and it was enough to send my heart pounding and blood warming, a rush of heat, honestly, going straight to my dick. "Suddenly, no," I answered, my voice coming out more strained than usual. 

She grinned and came up, pressing a soft kiss to my cheek before going back to the bed. She hitched her dress up and pulled one foot up, working to unbuckle her heels. "You tell me, Josh, is getting caught in the office worth the risk?" she asked teasingly. 

"It's tempting," I cleared my throat, taking a step forward and kneeling in front of her, working on the heels for her while she struggled to keep her dress out of the way. She stared down at me, holding her dress up as I slid her heels off, setting them away. "It sounds fun," I admitted, meeting her gaze. 

"What does? Getting fired?" 

I smiled to myself, glancing down and removing her other heel. "No. Stealing kisses at work," I answered, looking back up at her. 

"Ah, does it now?" 

"Ah, yes it does," I replied, smugly. 

She nodded in amusement. I went up higher on my knees, resting my hands on the bed beside her thighs. She chuckled softly, leaning forward and taking my face in her hands. "You're cute," she grinned.