14| Thoughts

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Thoughts

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 14: Thoughts (Josh's POV)

"Then, who wants to go first?" the woman asked, glancing between us. 

Cue the silence. 

I felt Poppy take a small step back before I could throw her into the fire pit first. "Yeah," she said slowly, "unfortunately, I think I'm going to sit this one out. I um, have an injury," she mumbled, glancing at me. 

"Oh, do you? That's interesting," I said, narrowing my eyes at her. 

"But hey, you're the one who said you wanted a massage. I'll give you one," she shrugged, her eyes glowering at me. 

I stared at her. "Suddenly, I don't want one anymore," I said to myself. 

She faked a chuckle, "Too late now. Anyway, it's paid for so at least one of us should get it and since I'm injured—" I opened my mouth to interrupt but she never let me. "Yes, I am. Oh, look at that, you don't know everything, after all, Nilsen," she snickered. "Anyhow, I won't get one today. You on the other hand." She rested a hand on my shoulder, her arm almost completely straight. 

I looked at her hand on me and then at her before she slowly retreated it. 

"You're so kind," she said sarcastically before turning to the masseuse. "I'd like to give him a massage." 

"I'll pass," I retorted.

"No, you won't," she argued immediately. 

"Let's leave." I turned to the door only for her to grab fistfuls of my shirt, huffing as she did. 

She took in a slow breath and then flashed the masseuse a smile. "Could you give us a minute, please?" 

"Sure," the woman replied hesitantly before going into the massage room. 

Poppy spun around quickly, blocking me from the door as I turned to pull it open. She leaned against it, placing her palms on the door. "No," she said slowly. 

"Exactly, no," I argued, reaching for the doorknob. 

"Josh." 

"Poppy," I mocked. 

"It's paid for. It's a couple's thing. One of us should still do it so we can at least review it in the magazine with the hotel." 

"One of us, yeah? Then you should get on the table." 

She paused, almost as if she really contemplated it again. "Yeah, no," she shook her head again. "You get on the table." 

"Why me?" 

"Because I'm..." she groaned softly, "I'm not... comfortable... doing that." 

"Doing... what? Getting a massage?" 

"By you? Yes. It's weird. In my head, this is really strange. I hardly know you and whatever I do know about you, I hate."