34| Caught

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Caught

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 34: Caught (Josh's POV)

Our next day in New Orleans flew by. We all slept in, actually, and then after lunch decided to go to the St. Louis Cathedral. 

After that, on our way back from there, when Valerie and Jamieson left us to go to their next location, Poppy and I tried out a lot of street food on our way. A lot of street food, other than local New Orleans dishes that were traditional and fucking delicious, we tried some Mexican food as well. We stopped by a café on our way back to the hotel and now, as we finally walked back in, we were stuffed and exhausted. 

She sighed dramatically and sat on the bed before falling back on it, resting her hands on her stomach. "I'm so full," she said, looking at me. 

I lay down next to her, poking her belly. 

She squealed loudly, kicking her legs up before giving me a hard punch in the arm. 

"Ow," I laughed, rolling onto my side and grabbing her wrists. 

She cracked up while shrieking, "Ah!" 

I chuckled, moving closer and holding her wrists down on either side of her head as I moved on top of her, straddling her, my knees on either side of her hips. I stopped tickling her, both of us pausing. 

She took in a few breaths, staring at me with her cheeks flushed, a tiny smile still on her face. Taking my moment of distraction for granted, she grabbed my shirt and jerked me down to her before turning us over, a small huff escaping her as she climbed on top of me, pinning my wrists above my head. 

I watched in amusement. "Are we wrestling now?" 

She leaned down, her lips brushing against mine but not quite kissing me. "Maybe. Do you think I can win?" 

"Absolutely." 

She giggled, pecking my lips. 

"If I let you," I added nonchalantly. 

She rolled her eyes and sat up, moving away from me. "I think I'd win either way." 

I propped myself onto my elbows, watching her. 

Sharply, she lifted a daring brow at me, asking, "What?" 

I sat up, grabbing her by her shirt as she had done to me and pulling her in until we were only inches apart. "Nothing. I just like this position for you," I smirked. 

"Aren't you cheeky?" she snickered, resting her arms on my shoulders. "I'm not usually on top," she shook her head, biting back a smile.

"Why not? You don't like it?" 

"I don't mind it." 

"It's not your favorite?" 

She shook her head again, her nose scrunching up.