Chapter 17: Oh, Azar

-unedited-

Raven stood up, looked at him with watery violet eyes, and replied, "I guess..". She quickly turned away, closing her eyes and slowly walked away. "Wait." Beast Boy stood up, grabbed her arm and drew her in for a hug. Her eyes widened for a second, in shock, but quickly softened as she felt him close. She hugged him back, resting her head on his chest and spoke softly. "I just- I don't want anyone to get hurt, especially you. My powers, they're too powerful when they're released. They're capable of changing me into a full demon. If my emotions build up rapidly, it can trigger that." "I know. But, maybe there's a way to prevent that. Maybe that's not even true. Maybe you can still love without breaking apart." He pulled back, looking into her eyes. They both stood there in silence, leaning in closer, Garfield held her chin up, and kissed her.

A loud thump interrupted the couple, making them look towards the direction of the sound. They saw the table they were just eating on was split right in half. "That's a sign." Raven ran towards the broken table putting her hand over her mouth in shock. "A sign?" Beast Boy followed after. "A small fragment of my power was released and broke the table. Because we kissed." She observed the table, that had a perfect split, with no crooked or rigid lines seen. "That's crazy." He looked, amazed by the cut. "Oh, Azar." The half demon sighed, placing her hand on her forehead.

Her red gem on her cloak and Garfield's belt began to flash a red light, whilst the tower's alarm rung throughout the building, "telling" them to come down ASAP. They both ran towards the elevator, pressing the button that leads to the common room. "What's going on?" Beast Boy asked, running into the room. "There's been an explosion in the east side of Jump City." Robin spoke as he quickly typed the information of the crime. "There have been reports of three teenagers, repeatedly shouted in an unknown language." He continued, as they all walked quickly to the garage. "Raven, Starfire, fly as quick as you can to get a head start at keeping the fire at a minimum. Beast Boy, you fly with them too, but as soon as you're about 100 meters away, change into something small so that you could get a closer look at the teens without being caught. Cyborg, you could drive there because there are some machines we need to bring and I'll use my motorbike to get there." Robin instructed them.

Starfire, Raven and Beast Boy did as they were told and flew towards the east. Screams were heard from where they were and flames devoured the buildings around spreading quickly. Raven spoke her mantra and controlled a pile of water to stop the flames. Starfire assisted the citizens by bringing them to a safe distance away. The fire calmed down and the faces of the three mysterious boys were somewhat clear. Robin and Cyborg already arrived at the scene and squinted there eyes to help them have a clearer look at the men. It seemed that all three had four glowing eyes, almost like Trigon's. Raven stopped and looked at them, too and suddenly her eyes widened at the familiarity of the faces. "Azar, help us all."

Okay, okay, I know I suck at updating because it's been a little more than a month but like, I didn't really know what to put next in the book. Kinda sucks having a writer's block, ya know? But yee, I tried to add in a twist by adding new villains (i aint gon tell you who they are but its kinda obvious lol). And yes, I might get there info wrong but I wanted to try something new. I hope you dont think this chapter was a total fail and find some interest in it lol. So yeah, crossing my fingers that y'all thought it was okay.