20130313

march 13, 2013

Misaki was knocked out of sleep thanks to her mother's singing, jumping out of bed to stand in front of the cupcake which sat on her desk.

"make a wish~" the older said, the girl closing her eyes momentarily, following her directions.

"you wanna go out to town today? hm?" the older asked her daughter as she moved the stray hairs away from Misaki's face, the girl cheekily nodding as she bit into the chocolate bread. "m'kay, get ready," she said, leaving the room soon after.

turning twelve was a big deal for the girl, this being the first year she could agree to any company's contract she wanted to sign.

sure, Misaki was aware it would be incredibly difficult to be signed while living in Canada— but nothing is ever impossible, is it?

the girl put on a flatteringly cute outfit, mentally revising the unofficially official schedule for their day out.

soon enough, the pair of Ono girls walked arm in arm around Vancouver, the older holding every paper bag which held her daughter's purchases, giving her an easy day.

Mia's eyes read a store's sign when a woman approached them, lightly bowing in greeting.

"hello," she spoke, the younger looking towards her mother.

"hello..?" they simultaneously replied, using the same questioning tone.

the older took a small card from her pocket, carefully holding it in front of the two.

"i couldn't help but notice your daughter's visuals," she spoke to the older Ono girl, Mia shyly smiling in response.
"ah, thank you...?" she replied, ending her words with a question mark, still unknowing of who she was speaking to.

"i'm an agent under an entertainment company in Seoul, South Korea, BigHit Entertainment. my name is Baek Ara, it's a pleasure to meet you," she introduced herself, bowing towards both Ono girls.

they returned the formal greeting, the young girl's eyes curiously searching for her mother's— wanting to see her reaction to the offer.

was it even real?

as if she'd read Mia's mind, Ara softly chuckled. "i know this is probably unexpected, and maybe a bit weird.. but i think your signing with our company would only bring great success. we are still quite small, however we have great plans for our future. trust me when i say you'd really enjoy it with us, only if you're allowed to go, of course,"

Ara's bright tone threatened to falter a mere second into her speech to the young girl. she was being completely honest— the company was incredibly small. their upcoming boy group was set to debut in a few months, this being their last hope before their CEO completely resigning from his position.

Ara being their only scouting agent— being one of the employee's sister— was sent on the cheapest possible red-eye flight to the country, this being her residing place when she was a student, having studied abroad for two years.

her last hope was the young girl who'd for some reason caught her eye, Mia doing nothing besides walking beside her mother— yet the tall-for-her-age girl was sure to hold some astounding amount of talent, wasn't she?

the girl's eyes remained on her mother's expression, eventually poking the older to get an answer out of her.

the latter laughed, looking at her daughter for a minute before looking at the ground. she lightly nodded, looking at Mia once again. "i did promise you, didn't i?"

the girl gave a small, expectant nod, watching as her mother's eyes returned to the girl in front of them, still holding out the business card.

Akane closed her eyes for a split second, accepting the piece of paper, reading the English-printed words.

she looked up towards the Korean female, holding her hand out. "if you're gonna be taking my daughter to a foreign country, it'd be nice for me to introduce ourselves to you,"

Misaki's eyes crinkled into crescent moons, her mother's words processing in her mind. she watched as the older girls exchanged handshakes, listening as her mother made their identities known.

"Misaki," Ara repeated as Akane spoke, eyes trailing towards the young girl.

the way in which her eyes glistened flipped a switch inside the older— making her realize just how deeply she wanted to care for this girl as her little sister.

it was so random, too.. as if the universe was preparing the two to be conjoined for life, this being the stepping stone their individual paths had been leading them to— just to meet at this very intersection.

♡♡♡♡♡, 完成!
+ comment pls :')