untold truth

july, 2019

the boys had always been extra careful of avoiding anything that'd accidentally upset the girl — they'd waited so long for her to even speak to them, why would they screw it up with their sensitive, boyish feelings?

that's what Misaki wondered as she watched the boys' faces — YeonJun and BeomGyu, to be exact — drop yet again when her foot slipped from the angle they'd previously adjusted it to.

"no, Mia. not that,"

as nice as he'd tried to sound, YeonJun failed oh so miserably. that was something she caught on easily about the eldest — once he was truly upset, the world would know.

even her, the last person he'd ever want to be visibly upset with.

we all have our days, though.

the boy came up behind the girl, leaning down to fix Misaki's angle as she silently winced from the throbbing pain she felt.

unbeknownst to the five surrounding her, Misaki'd almost carelessly sprained her ankle the night before, however felt too drained to go and get it checked out, even if it'd only take five minutes.

she'd been practicing endlessly after hours when the boys were all sound asleep, trying to make sure she wouldn't be the reason the group got an overall negative result in their comeback evaluation from the dance teacher.

the girl was on the brink of passing out when she'd decided to call it a night, standing up to leave— when she fell. her feet had given out from under her, her right ankle falling to the opposite side.

ouch. she'd almost cried from the pain.

but she sucked it up — refusing to let her weaker, vulnerable side show to the boys she wanted to seem nothing but cool to.

and that's where she stood in the present moment, slyly squeezing her eyes shut to try and alleviate some of the pain, knowing she'd succeeded in her mission when none of the boys brought it up.

...........

or so she thought.

"you got it?" YeonJun asked before BeomGyu could say anything, his eyes glancing down to the boy still crouched in front of the girl.

she softly nodded, a small smile on her face. "thanks,"

"alright, from the chorus," SooBin called out, the members all softly huffing as they felt the exhaustion catching up to them.

the song that'd been dug deep into their brains sounded through the speakers yet again, Misaki only able to wonder when she'd get a break from it.

the questionable part came up faster than she'd anticipated, her foot bending a noticable fraction smaller than the boys' had. the music stopped again.

Misaki couldn't restrain the huff that sounded from her mouth as she rubbed her hands over her face, wishing to do nothing but scream at her reflection for not getting it right — again.

the boys were nothing like the girls had been, she also realized awfully quickly. maybe it was because she was the leader, given charge of the practices even though she'd hardly any leadership experience before being given the role. it seemed so much easier then — the five had all agreed to never get upset at one another for something so small, like a choreography mistake, because they were all destined to make one at some point or another.

the boys seemed ruthless compared to the rules they'd set. they frequently scoffed at eachother's mistakes, loudly complaining over one another. she felt trapped, as if she'd get kicked to the ground if she did anything besides what they expected her to do.