march fifth, twenty seventeen

death, hospitals

march 5, 2017

the clock struck twelve and her world fell to pieces.

a loud beep was heard from the room to her right, Mia's eyes widening as she looked at her 언니.

EunBi had been holding her hand, feeling the younger's frantic squeeze as her heart rate picked up it's pace.

"i'm sure it's nothing," the older softly spoke as she turned to look to the hallway, seeing flashes of nurses and doctors assigned to SooJin flying past the door's small window.

the older's hands wrapped around Mia's head in a protective yet awfully careful way, her bandaging and incision still fresh from early the previous day. she thought it'd shield out all sounds from getting through to the younger girl,

if only she were right.

without wanting to, Mia could hear SooJin's parents wails from the hallway, begging the doctors to do something and please hurry in broken shouts.

tears streamed down her face at an uncontrollable rate, her muscles unable to twist as it'd hurt her surgery site. all she could do was let it happen. 

her still weakened arms were somehow able to find EunBi's, holding her as tight as she could— which'd barely felt like a caress to the older.

"go.. 언니.. tell, love.." she spoke in a desperately quietened voice, EunBi sniffling as she softly nodded. "of course, i will, Mimi.. of course i will,"

Mia let go of the older's arms, giving her a weak smile as a sign to go ahead. EunBi softly caressed her hands as she let go, turning to walk out of the cold room.

Misaki was warm— so warm.

she could only keep her mind on one of her girls at a time, knowing she'd go clinically insane otherwise. she inhaled deeply as she let her body crash onto the wall behind her, the sounds of beeping machines and SooJin's still-wailing parents filling her mind after a spare moment of the calming, welcomed white noise.

EunBi turned her head, eyes looking to the ground as she made her way towards the door, leaning against it's frame. the sound of SooJin's breathing machine had decreased awfully too much, looking up only to see the girl seizing.

EunBi nearly fell to the ground, silently sobbing into her hands as she struggled to maintain steady breathing. for misaki, you gotta tell her.

EunBi stood up again, wiping her tears off her face before steadily walking into the hospital room, finding a clear path directly towards the girl.

why aren't her parents in here instead? she knew the answer— they couldn't bare sitting here, watching their youngest daughter die without being able to do anything.

EunBi's still shaky legs made their way to stand directly beside the girl, a perfect spot where she would be of no disruption to the rapidly moving medical staff. she grabbed for the young girl's hand— cold. awfully too cold.

the older leaned downward, moving her head to sit beside SooJin's ear, knowing the girl'd be able to hear her despite the obviously louder ruckus going on around them.
"SooJin-ie.. it's Eun 언니," she said, eyes growing more teary.