3. The Abandoned Princess

"Miss, do you want to visit Her Highness?" a maid around the young teenage age asked softly.

Sitting on the garden, Feng Ning didn't answer immediately. Her pitch black eyes were looking into the distance. There was no emotion visible in her expression. In the next moment, Feng Ning lowered her head, looking like a troubled child.

"But Impelial Mothel nevel called me." (But Imperial Mother never called me)

Since she was only 3 years old, her tongue hadn't grown up well. Feng Ning found it really difficult to speak properly and sighed whenever she heard herself talked. She really couldn't bear to listen to it.

The maidservant, Xiao Yu, felt her heart ached terrible when she saw Feng Ning like that. Xiao Yu was only a few years older than Feng Ning and had been selected as her maidservant from a long time ago. She had watched Feng Ning grew up and naturally knew that this little girl could barely do anything as she was confined in this quarter.

Peony Courtyard.

While the name sounded beautiful, it was nothing more than a cage for the young princess who was thrown here from the very moment she was born.

"The young prince and young princess have just been born not long ago. You can visit Her Highness to congratulate her, Miss."

Congratulate her mother?

Feng Ning sneered internally. Having staying quiet as a baby or toddler who supposed understood nothing, Feng Ning had overheard a great deal of information. However, she had no intention of visiting her so called mother who didn't even care for her and threw her here.

In her past life, her parents loved her greatly to the point that they didn't mind sacrificing everything for her. Thus, Feng Ning couldn't bring herself to care for this so called imperial mother and father who didn't even care for her wellbeing. They abandoned her and expected her to care for them?

Feng Ning was not a saint.

If not for the servants taking care of her ever since she was young, she would have never survived this long.

And as a rather introvert girl in her past life, Feng Ning was never good at social interaction. She could only do her best to not be a bother to others and tried to do what she could in order to work better. But in the end, things didn't end well for her.

Those who failed in their EQ would only suffer.

At least, that was how it was in the modern world before Feng Ning transmigrated to this ancient time. And Feng Ning had learned many things. Right now, all she wanted was to be able to life a quiet life, not expecting anything.

Especially from those so called parents.

"Thele's no need. Impelial Mothel should be lecupelating now. I don't want to distulb hel," Feng Ning answered in clear voice. However, her downcast expression and lowered head made her looked like a pitiful child no matter which angle one saw her.

(There's no need. Imperial Mother should be recuperating now. I don't want to disturb her)

"Yes, Miss."

Xiao Yu felt troubled when she saw Feng Ning acted like that. For some reasons, she felt an air of maturity from Feng Ning, yet the action was not any different from how an ordinary child would act.

Thus, Xiao Yu was confused.

"Miss, there'll be teacher assigned to you starting tomorrow. Would you like to prepare for the lesson?"

Feng Ning was speechless. She was only 3 years old and they were already giving her teacher to learn? Forget it, she should have long expected that she could not use common sense when talking about these people.