28. The Princess' Stance

*cough* *cough*

"Your Highness, we've reached your residence. Please hold on."

Prince Lin Zi Xuan nodded. He thought that he would be able to outsmart those bandits, so that he would be able to return with his younger brother. Who would have thought that they would ambush him?

Since he wanted to portray himself as someone who cared for his younger brother, he had to send Prince Lin Hu Xi back first and dealt with the ambush. They were a bit stronger than he expected, so he ended up injured.

There was no way he could possibly reunite with his younger brother in this condition.

There would be a high chance for Prince Lin Hu Xi trying to kill him if he did. And Lin Zi Xuan didn't want to put himself in more danger and expose his real forces in front of the others.

It was not the time yet.

"Your Highness, I'll call for the doctor."

The steward quickly rushed out. But when he came out, he saw Feng Ning was looking in their direction. He quickly bowed towards her before rushing out once more.

"Your Highness, do you want to call him?" Xiao Lu asked carefully.

Feng Ning shook her head.

She merely looked in the direction of the study. Ever since Prince Lin Zi Xuan headed to the battlefield, no servant had been walking around the place. After all, it was Lin Zi Xuan's personal space that no one dared to cross in fear that they would be in big trouble.

Now, a steward personally came from there.

Did her husband return?

But there were no pieces of news regarding that matter.

While Feng Ning was a bit confused, she didn't dwell on this matter. It was only the next day did she receive another pieces of news.

A servant rushed towards her and kowtowed. "Your Highness, Prince Lin Hu Xi had returned with injury. He said that it's Prince Lin Zi Xuan who had caused his injury."

Feng Ning's eyes turned cold.

"Did they send anyone to investigate?" Xiao Yu spoke out the words Feng Ning wrote on her palm.

"His Highness Prince Lin Zi Xuan and General Wei are both still at the battlefield. It's estimated that they will only return in a few days' time. In the meantime, His Majesty is angry and would like to check on His Highness. They'll send a few people to come here, Your Highness."

"Sending people to check on a prince's residence. They're getting bolder." Feng Ning laughed without any sound. She looked at the gate sharply. "Let them come, but make sure to remind them that this is a prince and princess' residence."

"Yes, Your Highness."

The servant trembled. Even though the one who spoke was Xiao Yu, the aura that Feng Ning seemed to emit seemed to be something that didn't allow anyone to refute her in the slightest bit.

It was scary.

After the servant left, Feng Ning wrote on Xiao Yu's hand. "Call Steward Xiao. Tell him to clean up His Highness's study room so that the inspector would be able to take a look."

"Yes, Your Highness."

Steward Xiao was stunned when he received the news and rushed over to the study room in order to find Prince Lin Zi Xuan. Right now, Lin Zi Xuan was still quite weak, but he could already walk by himself.

His manservant stopped Steward Xiao when the latter wanted to rush in. "What's the matter?"

"Her Highness said that there will be investigator coming, so she wants me to clean up the study room."