22. The Adulthood Ceremony

At the Frontline.

Standing on top of the wall, a man was sitting calmly. He had been spending most of his time on the frontline, battling so many people who were trying to threaten the people here. The soldiers here all had been following him and would naturally not follow other people's command.

"Your Highness."

"What is it?" The man, Prince Lin Zi Xuan, asked without turning his head. He had heard countless reports from his men for varying reasons. If it was not important enough, he was too lazy to respond.

"There's a report regarding Her Highness Princess Feng Ning."

"Hmm?" Prince Lin Zi Xuan narrowed his eyes. He knew that he had an engagement with a princess named Feng Ning, but this marriage would only take place after the girl was of age. He had been roaming on the battlefield for a long time, but he naturally didn't forget about this.

If he was not wrong, that girl was 12 years younger than him, which made her only 13 to 14 years old right now.

"What happened to her?" Prince Lin Zi Xuan asked.

Taking the letter, Prince Lin Zi Xuan read the content. Looking at how the Emperor was giving such a title to his fiancée, he sneered internally. It seemed that the Emperor wanted to build the image of the girl to be someone who was lucky.

But would she be lucky when she had turned mute ever since she was young?

The title was contradicting.

"Your Highness?"

"I'll go back to the Capital City next year." Prince Lin Zi Xuan tossed the letter. The Emperor was not that wary towards Princess Xing, and he hoped for things to stay that way. However, it was also outside his expectation that the little girl from back then would be able to get an achievement on her own.

Helping to curb the disease outbreak.

She's not bad.

At the very least, Prince Lin Zi Xuan felt that she was much better compared to her older sister who had been reported to be dead. And the cause was because she was so arrogant and caused a lot of problems in her residence.

If Prince Lin Zi Xuan had proceeded with his plan back then, he would have picked Princess Feng Quan and the result wouldn't be so pretty.

'One more year until my return.'

Prince Lin Zi Xuan looked into the distance. His eyes narrowed as ruthlessness flashed within it. The preparation was ready.

He only needed to start the implementation soon.

...

Capital City

Feng Ning didn't try to stay high profile after her return. Aside from accepting the Imperial Edict, she locked herself inside her new residence.

Rou He Palace.

It was a good palace where her grandmother used to live. Even now, the place was tended very well. However, it was quite far from the other palaces, so one could say that they shunned her.

Though, Feng Ning didn't care.

For the next few months, there was no new news from her. The ripples she had caused quickly died down.

Then New Year come.

Feng Ning, who was planning on quietly preparing for her 15 birthday, received a piece of news from her cousin.

Princess Lin Mei Ni asked her to be the one to help her put the pin on her bun during the adulthood ceremony.

"Your Highness, would you like to come?" Xiao Yu was worried. She knew that the relationship between the two princesses couldn't be said to be good. If Feng Ning were to come, there was a chance that Princess Lin Mei Ni would instead use this chance to frame her instead.