37. Confrontation

Lin Zi Xuan felt that the morning court didn't seem the same without Feng Ning's appearance. Even though he was very surprised at her ideas when she first came to the morning court, he could accept it as he knew that the young woman was very smart.

However, she kept on surprising him.

Many of her ideas were new, but if they could truly be implemented, it would naturally boost the prosperity of Lin Tang Kingdom. If only Feng Ning was not born as a woman, she might have long become the top scholar in the court examination.

"Your Majesty, Her Majesty might be tired because there are a lot of matters to be settled." Prime Minister Yan smiled when he passed the report to Lin Zi Xuan. "This are the report of increase in the farming yield after Her Majesty introduced those tools for us."

"The result is good." Lin Zi Xuan nodded. He knew that Feng Ning was busy because she had to settle the matter of the inner palace too, but he didn't expect that she would be this busy.

It was uncomfortable for him to see her looking tired.

"This subject heard that Imperial Doctor Wu paid a visit today...." Prime Minister Yan hadn't finished speaking when he saw the Emperor stood up.

"Zhen has some matters to attend to."

Prime Minister Yan smiled faintly. Even though the one who seemed to be in lower status was Lin Zi Xuan, it seemed as if he was also willing to be put in this situation. However, he wondered how long this delicate balance could last.

...

Imperial Doctor Wu was helping Feng Ning to settle some matters that were related to medical world. There were some medicines that were hard to deal and Feng Ning often discussed it with him.

Thanks to him, she had decent knowledge of the herbs' usage.

Of course, she was not someone who planned on using it for some inappropriate use.

"Your Majesty, you want to pay a visit to the Summer Palace?" Imperial Doctor Wu's tone was a bit strange.

Feng Ning nodded.

The Summer Palace was still located in the Capital City, but it was a bit further to the east and near the wall. It was much smaller compared to the main palace and the Imperial Family members rarely came there.

Imperial Doctor Wu thought for a moment. "What the reason would be?"

"I would like to relax a bit since it has been quite a tiring half a year." Feng Ning smiled as she wrote on the paper.

"That might be quite good."

Imperial Doctor Wu had noticed that Feng Ning looked quite tired, but he didn't expect that she would suggest having a break on her own. It seemed that this disciple of his still knew how to take care of her body.

Feng Ning smiled.

At this time, a servant came in and kowtowed. "Your Majesty, His Majesty the Emperor had arrived."

Imperial Doctor Wu was stunned, but he quickly stood up. On the other hand, Feng Ning merely looked at the door and watched as her husband strode in in confusion.

"Ning'er, are you alright?"

Feng Ning nodded.

Lin Zi Xuan frowned then looked at Imperial Doctor Wu.

Being stared by the Emperor, Imperial Doctor Wu felt a bit nervous, but he quickly reported as it is. "Your Majesty, Her Majesty is a bit tired. It'll be better for her to take a break from her work."