26. Banquet

Feng Ning was not the only one who noticed Feng Hao Shui's peculiarity. Prince Lin Zi Xuan had also noticed it. In fact, he sensed it better than Feng Ning thanks to his martial arts.

However, he only felt that this was good for him.

He naturally would not interfere with the internal battles between these Imperial Family members. Looking at his wife and how she was always keeping low profile, except during that one incident, Lin Zi Xuan was feeling more satisfied.

At the very least, he wouldn't have to be busy cleaning up her mess.

The next few days were peaceful.

Feng Ning only felt that she was very tired in her new residence. Thankfully, her husband was soon assigned more duties in the palace, which made him hold back a little bit. This allowed her to have a bit of good rest.

After a few days, the day of the banquet arrived.

"Your Highness, would this dress be appropriate?" Xiao Yu asked as she helped Feng Ning to tie the sash.

Looking at the mirror, Feng Ning could see a woman wearing bright red dress staring back in her direction. The dress was made with the best brocade and looked very beautiful. Her dark brown eyes sparkled under the dim light in her bedroom.

Feng Ning nodded.

Bright red dresses were only allowed by royalty to wear, which naturally included her. With this color contrasted her skin, it only highlighted her beauty and fair skin.

"Your Highness is very beautiful." Xiao Lu smiled and then took the hairpin for Feng Ning.

Since the main character for today's banquet was not her, Feng Ning decided not to dress up too much. She didn't want to incur hatred from her sister or cousin towards her. They were technically still higher ranked than her.

After she had done dressed up, Feng Ning walked out of her quarter. She noticed that her husband was already ready. He was wearing moonlight pattern robe. It caused his previously sharp and wild aura to look a bit tamer.

Prince Lin Zi Xuan smiled when he saw his wife. "Ning'er, come."

Feng Ning held Prince Lin Zi Xuan's hand as she entered the carriage. Looking at the somewhat sophisticated man in front of her, Feng Ning felt that he did look quite different today compared to usual.

He looked more refined.

Even though the man before her was actually a wild soldier who had honed his temper in the battlefield.

The two of them remained silent thorough the journey. There was nothing much that Feng Ning wanted to talk with her husband either. The two of them maintained this same look and approach method, carefully interacting with the other party while probing each other.

It was a bit tiring.

But the two of them were being careful as they didn't know much about the other party aside from the rumors. Well, Feng Ning was sure that Prince Lin Zi Xuan had some people investigating about her, though.

"We've arrived."

Feng Ning glanced outside. The splendor of the palace was displayed to the fullest, making people feel small when they looked at it. Probably, this was the effect that Princess Lin Mei Ni wanted when they reached her palace.

That they would never be able to compare to her.

'How ridiculous.'

Following her husband, Feng Ning walked inside. She noticed that the banquet didn't separate male and female. Probably, it was because majority of the guests today were already married couple.