47. A Chance

But of course, Prime Minister Yan would never say it outright. He would just keep it inside his mind.

"I hope you don't mind waiting with me, Imperial Doctor Wu."

"I wouldn't mind." Imperial Doctor Wu laughed. To be able to watch the scene of the Emperor and the Empress being so harmonious with each other like this had already told him that it was all worth it.

He hoped that the two of them could make up.

...

Inside the Palace

Prang!

Empress Dowager Qi was feeling pissed off. She thought that she would become the happiest woman in the entire world after her son become the Emperor. But reality was completely different from what she dreamed.

Her son was not letting her do as she wished. Instead, he seemed to be holding her back in this rotten place.

The so called rotten place was actually still a beautifully decorated palace.

But in Empress Dowager Qi's opinion, this place was no different than a prison that was used to hold her back.

She hated this place.

She hated it so much.

"Your Highness, Princess Lin Xie Ni had arrived."

"What did she want?" Empress Dowager Qi furrowed her eyebrows but relaxed her position and sat on the chair. She looked at the middle aged woman who came with clear disinterest.

She didn't really want to see this person.

Princess Lin Xie Ni smiled when she saw the other party. She had heard about the recent ruckus and the fact that the Emperor never paid a visit to his mother again. It astounded her how much he changed in such a short period of time.

"Imperial Sister. It's been a while." Princess Lin Xie Ni is of the same generation as Empress Dowager Qi. It wouldn't be strange for her to call the other party as sister since she's basically her sister in law.

Empress Dowager Qi nodded. "What brings you to my residence today?"

"I come here to bring the recent news." Princess Lin Xie Ni smiled and took out a basket. "There are several new shops in the Capital City, so I want to bring them for you to taste. At the same time, His Majesty send a message for you not to cause more ruckus as he didn't want to replace the furniture again."

She herself was a bit baffled when the steward came to her and asked her to deliver this piece of news to Empress Dowager Qi.

But as someone who understood the schemes in the Imperial Family, she decided to agree. It would not cost her anything and being able to see the smug Empress Dowager Qi's face turned pale would be very nice.

As expected, Empress Dowager Qi's gaze turned sharp. "Why did he send you here?"

"I don't know." Princess Lin Xie Ni smiled. "But I think he had decided to trust me enough to send me here."

"You b*ch!"

Swish!

Princess Lin Xie Ni took a step back to avoid the slap. She looked at Empress Dowager Qi with a mirthless smile. "If you truly want to have the right power here, you should know better who you should please."

Please?

Empress Dowager Qi's body trembled in anger. Naturally, she knew that Princess Lin Xie Ni meant that she should have pleased her own son and do things in accordance to what he wanted. But she didn't want to.