11. Engagement

Lin Han Xing's face turned blue from the moment he heard what Lin Zi Xuan said. He was very angry. "Your Majesty, since this matter involved Princess Ning, how about if we ask for her opinion?"

Lin Xie Ya really wanted to interject, but then she noticed her husband was looking in her direction. She understood that he was planning on taking the compensation in order to increase his influence and also strengthen his position.

Even though she hated to be involved with this Lin Han Xing, she had no choice but to stay silent.

The Emperor looked at how desperate Lin Han Xing was and tapped the armchair calmly. Normally, a child's marriage would not be decided by the child themselves and it was their parents who would make the arrangement. However, it was clear that Lin Han Xing wouldn't let this matter rest until he got what he wanted.

What a hassle.

He didn't want to bother with this annoying man. Because the decree to make him a prince came from his father, he couldn't really change it. If he did, there would be a lot of people trying to question him.

"In that case, call Princess Ning when she woke up."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

The people in the hall walked out with various expression. Some of them were delighted, some were conflicted, some were passive, and there were also those who were feeling angry.

Lin Zi Xuan had an impassive expression as he watched his father fuming in front of him. He lowered his head slightly, not saying anything to the other party. His eyes were dark and deep, seemingly able to swallow everything in front of him whole.

"You better think before you say anything next time, Lin Zi Xuan." Lin Han Xing looked at his son with displeased expression on his face.

"I always think about what I want say, Father."

"You..."

Lin Zi Xuan looked at his father deeply but his eyes betrayed none of his emotion. Rather, Lin Han Xing could feel chills on his back when he saw this rebellious gaze from his son. It felt as if he was facing a wild wolf that was ready to pounce on him at any moment.

The feeling was very disturbing.

But there was really nothing that Lin Han Xing could do at this moment as he could see his son looked away.

Lin Han Xing snorted.

When they went back, he would sort this rebellious son of his!

...

Feng Ning didn't know how long she slept.

She only recalled that she felt her throat was burning for a short period of time before she lost consciousness. As she started to open her eyes and noticed the ceiling in front of her, she felt that she must be lucky to be able to stay alive.

'I didn't think it's that strong.'

Feng Ning only sipped a bit because she was worried that it would damage her body too much. But it turned out that even a little bit could still knock a little child out. How troublesome.

"Miss!"

Hearing the call, Feng Ning turned her head to the side and saw Xiao Yu beside her. Xiao Yu's face was filled with tear marks as it was clear that she must have been bawling her eyes out when she heard what happened to Feng Ning.

'I'm fine.'

Feng Ning was stunned. She tried to speak but felt searing pain from her neck. Not only that, there was no sound.