12. Decision and Imperial Edict

"Please pick carefully because this will decide your future." Lin Xie Ya was looking at her daughter and wished to end this charade as fast as possible. She rarely met with Feng Ning because in her opinion, having another daughter was simply useless.

She had to struggle in the palace for so long because her mother was weak back then. After all, being a woman too, she understood the worth of a woman very much.

They were nothing more than a decoration.

Placed beside their husband. Their purpose was simply to give birth and to support them in whatever they were doing. This was also because of this that she hated being born as a woman. She couldn't do anything but watch as her brother took everything and sat on that throne.

This time, she wanted to make sure that the one who sat there would be her son.

Feng Ning tilted her head and looked at the two people in front of her. Logically speaking, the age gap between her and Prince Lin Hu Xi was the best. However, it was clear that he didn't like her from the way he looked at her.

Feng Ning made writing notion to the servants who quickly prepared brush and scroll of paper. She wrote crooked words on top of the paper and then showed it to the two princes in front of her.

"Will you treat me well?"

The other Imperial Family members were speechless when they saw this.

However, they knew that Feng Ning was still only a mere six years old girl. In her mind, probably getting married was simply having her husband treated her well and that would be more than enough for her.

Lin Zi Xuan looked at the young girl's crooked writing and her doe eyes. He cupped his fist. "I swear to the Heaven that if Your Highness decides to pick me, I'll treat you well."

"I...I'll also treat you well." Prince Lin Hu Xi actually didn't want to say this, but he felt that he had to say something when his father was already glaring at him. He felt wronged. The one who caused mistake was his half older brother and not him.

Why did he had to take the brunt?

Wasn't it enough for Lin Zi Xuan to be the one to take the blame for this matter?

Hearing their response, Feng Ning was quiet for some time. Her large and innocent eyes were looking at the two of them as if she had troubled deciding. In the end, Feng Ning wrote again in the paper.

"Since His Majesty had picked Cousin Xuan, I'll pick him."

As she showed the writing to everyone, Prince Lin Han Xing eyes widened. "Princess Ning, please think about it more carefully. Lin Zi Xuan is already 18 years old. He's 12 years older than you and will have to suffer waiting for you for a long time."

Princess Lin Xie Ya furrowed her eyebrows. But she also knew that having her daughter matched up with Prince Lin Zi Xuan might be better than Prince Lin Hu Xi. After all, this also meant that she didn't have to care about her that much because both of them would be unimportant people in the end.

An illegitimate son and a mute daughter.

That seemed to be a good match.

"Prince Lin Han Xing, my daughter has made her decision." Prince Lin Xie Ya looked at the man with sharp gaze. "I would like you to please not make careless remark in front of my daughter to influence her. It would be rather inappropriate."

Prince Lin Han Xing gritted his teeth. He could sense that Princess Lin Xie Ya was telling him that if he tried to affect Princess Feng Ning's judgement, it would be inappropriate. However, the one in question was still his son!