Massage

Swatch slips gentle claws under your tie, untucking it from your suit. He deftly undoes the tie entirely, removing it from your neck. He folds it neatly as he talks.

"I recognize that it has been a long day for you, and the party tonight may be tiresome." He sets the tie aside, advancing further.

"I would like to treat you. You have already bathed, and you have already eaten, so I believe something else is in order..." He gives you a charming smile. His feathers are spread open in a relaxed warmth you've hardly ever seen in him.

"What... are you thinking?" You're not sure where he's going with this. With how touchy he's being, you have concerns. 

He hums in an ambiguous reply, reaching to undo your overcoat. You push his hand back- gently, but not without a firm insistence.

"Listen, I like you very much, Swatch, but I'm not really-"

He recoils in sudden realization. "Oh! Ah, my apologies. I meant nothing untoward, truly. I- Yes, my apologies." He shudders, feathers rippling. Shame burns in his eyes. "No, I simply- You see, I am rather gifted at the art of massage. My Queen wished for me to be, even if she herself gains nothing by it. I believed that it would offer you relaxation."

Oh.

"Oh."

You're struck by your own assumption, but also by his lack of explanation. You smack his arm lightly.

"Swatch! You should have just said so!"

He laughs awkwardly. 

"Ah, I suppose so..."

You look around the dining room, and then back to him, eyes narrowed and brow raised.

"Here?"

Swatch notices as soon as you point it out. He gives the softest of cries and buries his face in his clawed hands.

You laugh, and he joins in with a chuckle.

"I truly did not have this planned out, did I?"

"No, you really didn't, you big bird-brain."

"Ach, that may be true. All this in mind... May I give you a massage? And, of course, escort you to a proper room." 

You smile broadly.

"Yes, please."

~~~

The lights are dim.

The soft whirr and trickle of an artificial waterfall resound from a corner. Soothing mist, likely from that same waterfall, fills the room with the scent of mint and chamomile.

Not that you can know for sure, with your head pressed in the hole of a massage table.

"I didn't know you even had this sort of thing in the mansion," you wonder aloud.

"Our Queen is multifaceted," Swatch says vaguely from above you. The pads of his claws press into your naked back as he rubs oil in. It's warm, and his touch is gentle.

"Why're you so devoted to her?"

"She is kind, and a good leader." 

"Yeah, that's a joke. Why, for real?" You're insistent. You can't help it, knowing what you do about Queen.

His hands pause for a moment as he considers.

"...I have many mouths to feed. She houses, feeds, and pays both me and my Swatchlings. While her lack of thought for her finances may be the reason she is so generous, it serves our purposes well. It's not as though it harms her, either. I believe her funds are without limit. With this in mind, well... I do not see a reason as to why we should not serve her to the best of our ability."