Miscommunication

"So, now that you're doing better," you start, words tumbling out awkwardly, "I wanted to ask you about... what happened. When you passed out. You said a number, right? And Newt said that you woke up a couple of times to say more numbers? What does that mean?"

"Mmm..." He cuddles into you, smiling contentedly. "I have [[0 Search Results]]."

"What? But you were so- Distressed? In pain? It just seemed like it was important-?" 

"Not a [Blue'z Clues]," he hums. He nuzzles into your chest with a sigh that rumbles through you like a purr. He's definitely much happier now that the virus has passed. And... well, the good dose of intimacy certainly didn't hurt.

"Really? Nothing? I just-" When he shoots you a funny look, his long nose wrinkling, you flush. "Sorry. I don't mean to press you. I just want to make sure it doesn't happen again."

"I'm sure it's [all good!] now that you've [Patch-Up Kit For Your Your Dolly]." His tone has a sleepy sort of flirtiness to it, but there's a finality to it that has it ending the conversation instead of making your heart flutter like it should.

With the talk over before it's begun, there's nothing you can do but stew as you hold him. You pet his sweat-chilled hair as he leans into you, closing his eyes.

It's not like he's lying. He doesn't seem like he's lying, at least. And Newton didn't know, so why should he?

...Speaking of Newton, that reminds you-

"-So, Newt mentioned something about Addisons being connected to the Internet. So maybe that has something to do with it?"

"Maybe," he sighs noncommittally, a puppet brow twitching.

"Spam, you gotta help me out here," you huff out. "I'm just trying to figure out what's happening-"

"You don't have to [Clothes For Your New Baby] me, [dollop'a sunshine]. I'm all better now, [Doc]! All fixed! No [[glitches in YOUR GAME? MORE LIKELY THAN YOU THINK]], no [Worms], no [[bones]], no [bruised and battered?], just me an' you. So drop it, will ya?" The corners of his mouth twist into a sort of grimace. He's obviously still trying to be sweet, but irritation is clear in his voice. 

You're not sure what you said, but the moment has already turned sour, so you just give up- for real this time- and try to settle your racing mind. Not that it will let you.

You're stiff, and Spamton is, too. The cuddle feels more forced than anything now. It's not even a minute before you're too uncomfortable to leave it be. 

It seems that Spamton feels the same way, because you're suddenly both talking at once.

"I'm just trying to help you-"

"I don't like you [talking] about him like-"

You stop, and he does too. When you arch a brow at him, confused and annoyed, he chuckles uncomfortably.

"-I sense I've [[made a Whoopsie]]."

"Who's 'him'? Your brother? What's wrong with the way I talk about him?"

"Hey, [[Woah There Buckaroo]], EahhEHhah-"

"The only reason Newt's been around is so I could help you get better-"

"-Don't [[please call me back]] him that like you know [[his scrawny az]]!" He snaps, grinding his teeth. "He does[s]n't care about you or [Your Financial Security]! He just likes to [feel better soon] about himself!"

"I didn't get that from him at all! I-"

"You've known him for what, [[92 seconds]]? I [COMING OF AGE STORY THAT WILL MAKE YOU CRY] with him! He's just... He's just a. He [He] [He] [HE]HAHHEHHEEAEHHAH. Don't call him Newt," he crackles out harshly.