👑Chapter 11👑

Third Person POV:

Third Person POV:

Everything was in chaos. Nobody was able to stop the emperor's rage.

Diana went into labor a few hours ago, only to come out cold. Claude felt rage, he slaughtered each and everyone in the Ruby Palace... Even his child.

'Athanasia de Alger Obelia', a daughter with the name of the king. He was amused, to dare give her daughter the name of a king that even he was not able to achieve. But he wasn't feeling generous that day. He was determined to kill everything that got in his way, that baby was no exception.

As he was about to stab the child to death, a maid, Lilian York, begged the emperor to save the child. Claude was surprised at the bold action.

In the end, both the baby and Lilian York were able to live... Almost forgotten but alive.

On the other hand, Anastasia received a letter from Lilian. She was supposedly too young to even understand the letter but being the bright child she was, Diana knew that Anastasia would be able to understand it just fine.

Anastasia POV:

I received a letter from mama. Upon receiving it I simply thought that it was just an ordinary letter. I was wrong.

'Dear Princess Anastasia,

Upon reading this letter, it must mean that I am no longer present in this world. I would like to apologize for not being able to keep my promise to stay with you for a long time. Even though I am not with you physically I will always watch over you. The baby... Your sister will be named Athanasia as you suggested. I hope that you will have a good relationship with her. 

Princess Anastasia, I truly cherish you as my real daughter, I could only hope that I was able to spend more time with you... The time that I spent with you has been the happiest moment of my life... Princess, I hope that you continue to live on like the strong girl you are. 

 Please always watch out for your father, I know he cherishes you a lot. Please take care of him as he does for you. 

Anastasia... I truly do love you. I hope you can remember me even as time passes. Please take care of yourself.

Sincerely Yours,

Diana.

I was not able to fully comprehend the letter at first... It took me a few more reads to finally take in what the letter has said... Diana... No, Mama is gone. She left me. I wanted to spend more time with her, daddy, and my sister. I thought I would be with them forever...

I cried and I cried until I had no tears left... I was heartbroken... After a while, everything turned black.