👑Chapter 18👑

Third Person POV:

Third Person POV:

"If your majesty and your highness permit it, Ijekiel can be the princess's playmate."

As Roger says this Claude's face turned absolutely dark but he still replies "Why do you think that my daughter would need to have your son as her playmate?" Anastasia can see how Roger took a gulp and how Ijekiel went to hide behind his father, so she decides to step up.

"I actually like that idea." She bubbly says which made her father look at her in disbelief. "Anastasia, will you tell me why do you like that idea?" Claude asks still in disbelief that her daughter agreed with Roger's idea. "Yes, I think we'll get along just fine," Anastasia says and Claude feels like he's been betrayed by his daughter.

On the other hand, Ijekiel was still behind his father, he was also surprised when the princess agreed to his father's proposition. Though he doesn't show it, he's actually quite happy that the princess despite only meeting that day wanted to be playmates with him.

Claude looked like a puppy who wasn't given food, but despite that, he wants to allow his daughter's wishes as for the last few days he's been thinking that Anastasia was feeling lonely. At the moment he still thinks that it's not good for Anastasia to be with Athanasia. His reason for not allowing them to meet was different from what most thought.

He was afraid that her daughter would be reminded of the horrid memories of the past. He doesn't want her to experience what she experienced before, so he took the measure of not allowing her daughter's wish.

"Does the young lord of Alpheus agree with this setup?" Claude asks Ijekiel. Ijekiel was startled hearing his name from the emperor he quickly composes himself and stood forward "If it is the princess is alright with it, then it will be my honor to be the princess's playmate."

Since then another child was running around the palace, to Claude's dissatisfaction, but if it was to keep his daughter happy, he will do anything in his power to keep it like that.

And just like that two years have passed.

Anastasia POV:

It's been two years since Ijekiel became my playmate, though we were called playmates I think the better word to describe ourselves is study mates, we had our classes together and we would talk about a lot of books and we would give our insights on certain books. Sounds quite boring but I was able to completely fight my boredom because of it.

But of course, studying wasn't everything that we did, I was (very surprisingly) allowed to visit Ijekiel's house, and we even went to town a few times. I was also able to hang out with Athanasia without Dad's permission.

"Sister, can you teach me what you were reading?" Athanasia asks taking me out of my thoughts, as I look at her I can see some bad mana particles and I went over to her and touch her head to make it look like I was just patting her. But I was actually absorbing it so that it wouldn't affect her too much considering that she doesn't know how to use and manage her mana yet.

"I don't think you're ready for this yet, Athy... Maybe next time... For now, shall we go see daddy?" I say trying to distract her. She seemed to take the bait and agreed to go see our father.

Third Person POV:

As the sisters arrive in the garden with their father, an immediate moment was upon them. Athanasia and Claude were having a conversation while Anastasia just listened to them while drinking her tea.

As their conversation goes on Anastasia felt her chest-thumping hard. Before she knew it she was coughing up blood. A look of horror is placed on Claude's face. As he gets closer to Anastasia he can clearly see her losing consciousness.

And by the time Claude caught Anastasia in his arms, Anastasia has already lost her consciousness.

The last thing she heard was her father screaming her name.

A/n:

Sorry for taking a while to update🙏🏻

And thanks for 5k🎉🥳💓