👑Chapter 14👑

Anastasia POV:

Anastasia POV:

As I awoke from my slumber, I was met with a familiar but different ceiling. "You're awake, Anastasia" I hear daddy say from beside me. "Daddy? What am I doing in your room?" I asked confused about how and why I woke up in Daddy's bedroom. "Anastasia, until you're feeling better you will be staying with me." Daddy explains.

It made me think, is something actually wrong with me?

"It's not what you are thinking, dear... It's not your fault that your mother and that wench died... They died because they wanted to... It's definitely not your fault. I assure you this as the Emperor of the Obelia Empire" He says interjecting my thoughts, which made me even more confused.

"My daughter, nobody blames you for these deaths. It was not your choice nor your fault... And if somebody were to say that it was your fault, their head would be hung on the gate as an example."

Seeing how adamant daddy is on explaining makes me feel better. Still guilty but better.

I wasn't even given a chance to talk when we heard a grumbling sound. Then I came to realize that it was my own stomach.

"Daddy, I'm hungry."

A Few Years Later (a/n: Athanasia finally makes her first appearance!)

It's been 5 years since the Ruby Palace incident. It still surprises me how so many events happen when I was merely 5 years old. With everyone's help, I was able to conquer depression.

This brings us to now. Since it was a particularly nice day today, I invited Daddy to take a walk with me. Then suddenly I saw a child younger than me biting on one of Daddy's golden statues.

"What is this filthy bug doing in my palace?" Daddy says as he saw the girl in front of us.

As the girl turns around to us, a pouch with jewels falls which made the atmosphere much tenser.

"That face... I've seen it before..." Daddy mumbled, which I heard since I was being carried by him. Since Daddy mentioned it, I looked closely at the child and thought that she looked like Diana. But I didn't say anything since Daddy sounds mad.

"Yes... Was it that dancer from Siodonna?.. You look like that wench" Daddy says loudly this time, and I can see the girl trembling from fear.

Daddy puts me down and came closer to the girl when I remembered what Diana named her...

"Then again it doesn't matter who she came from" Daddy reacher his hand out to her which made Felix flinch in surprise. "And I think I remember what that wench named you..." Daddy says as he grabs her chin to see her face better "I believe it was 'ATHANASIA'." Daddy and I say at the same time.

"Back then you were just a bug who couldn't lift its head." I flinched at Daddy's cold tone which I have never heard before. "You've grown a lot," Daddy says again and some more pouches with jewels drops.

At this point, I was already hiding behind Felix trying to not get noticed.

Daddy picks her up and tells her "You're heavy... You have chubby cheeks but I didn't expect you to be this heavy... Now, what were you doing in my palace?" Athanasia looked surprised when Daddy mentioned that it was his palace.

I wasn't paying attention as my eyes were on the bite mark on Daddy's statue. "Why is there a bite in the statue... I'm sure it doesn't even taste good.." I unknowingly say out loud. They turn their heads at me. Felix just sweatdropped and told daddy that she might've thought it was a toy. While Athanasia looks at me as if I've grown two heads.

Daddy tossed Athanasia to Felix and then invited her for tea. "Anastasia, come here." Daddy calls for me, I went to him and then he picked me up to go to his palace.  

A/N:

So I've been really confused with the ages. I originally designed Anastasia to be the same age as Ijekiel but I miscalculated everything. So from now on instead of 10 years old, Anastasia will be 8 years old since I believe that Ijekiel is 3 years older than Athanasia... It really doesn't affect the plot that much but I just wanted to clarify😊