Chapter 11 - Entrance Ceremony

The rustling sound of curtains being opened pulled me out of dream land once again. I sat up and stretched as I watched Anne walk into the bathroom. Running water could be heard and I quietly got out of bed. The carpet felt soft under my feet as I creeped through the bathroom door. 
"Good morning, my lady." Anne smiled at me as warmly as ever.
"Good morning, Anne."

As the warm liquid embraced me I was delighted to see purple petals swaying in the water rather than marigold.

Anne did my hair like yesterday. Although she protested saying it should look more extravagant and eye-catching for today, however I preferred it that way. And then I put on the school uniform, a green skirt, white corset, white blouse and a brown jacket bearing the school's crest. 

"Lady Elizabeth!" Lady Henrietta called out as Emma bowed and left after having escorted me to the auditorium.
"Greetings, Lady Henrietta," I said and was quickly interrupted by a hug. I could feel her trembling as she held me tightly, "are you alright?"
"Just a little anxious," she responded as her grip loosened.
"Shall we find a seat?" I asked.

It was as we took a seat that I could hear her voice, even amongst the chatter I could tell it was her.
"Did you hear of what happened at Her Highness' birthday banquet?" she spoke far more arrogantly than before.
Despite the loud beating of my heart I could continue to hear her as she spoke, only her however.
"Indeed! Is she crazy? Seducing that crazy bastard of a prince. All while she is supposedly engaged to Lord Watson, how dare she?" Why does she sound so formal? She was never like this, not even with strangers of higher standing. Is she mimicking me? It felt as though someone had tied a knot with my gut. This is not the Mielle I know. Breathing became harder and harder. How close must she be sitting for me to hear her? Is she… sitting behind me? My blood went cold, every cell of my being wanted to make sure she wasn't not, but a touch to my shoulder quickly interrupted me 
"I'm sorry for being tardy." Lord William sat down beside me, he looked rather tired as he sighed.
"I am glad you made it on time." I smiled.
An older man came up on stage and the chattering gradually grew quiet. He gave a much too long speech about the founding of the school and how it was the most elite of elite schools that shaped beautiful minds. Elite school it was and it did shape beautiful minds, for those who could pay of course. And no scholarships were provided so you really had to be born wealthy to be knowledgeable. It was hard to follow considering Lord William fell asleep halfway, he looked ever so blissful as he slept. His head rested on my shoulder and his hand lightly held mine. Truly blissful.

"How could you fall asleep during such a beautifully breath-taking speech," Lady Henrietta asked seriously.
"It was more long winded than breath-taking, your author's vision makes everything beautiful," Lord William joked.
Thump. A lady bumped into Lord William and fell to the ground, she bore curled locks of silver and eyes the as vast and lively as the ocean.