Chapter 17 - Pastels

Was that...? No, I mean it might have been since she is the only one with silver hair. However she could not possibly have befriended HER.
"Lady Elizabeth, are you feeling unwell?" Lady Daisy asked.
"Me? No, no... I am quite alright," I responded and put on my best fake smile.
"You have been tapping your finger on your skirt for quite a while, are you sure you are all right?"
"There is no fooling you," I sighed.
Three pairs of footsteps grew closer and I really was right, a head of silver locks was happily chatting away with the one I had started to despise. I discreetly looked around for a way to avoid her.
"Shall we take a look at the dresses over here?" I asked and without waiting for an answer I led the twins behind a clothing rack.
"What is the matter, Lady Elizabeth?" Lady Daisy asked once again.
I shot a glance towards the ladies the worker was tending to.
"Oh... I see," Lady Violet said and pulled a dress from the clothing rack, "hurry and try this one."
She pushed me to a changing room and handed the dress to me. It was quite spacious and a few artworks decorated the walls. Once I finished changing into the dress I eyed the mirror, it resembled a sunset with floral lace decorating the top as a trail of roses made its way down the skirt. I felt strangely light in the dress, I even dared a spin. A quiet knocking interrupted my admiration. I opened the door to Lady Daisy's jaw dropping.
"Wow, it fits you so well."
"Thank you." I averted my gaze in embarrassment. Do I really deserve something this beautiful? I already have Lord William and even that is much to ask.
"Did you find anything you wish to purchase?" I asked.
"Yes, I will go ahead and purchase it while you change."
"Sounds good."

Thunk! Once I opened the door again it suddenly stopped. I quickly walked around the door to see who I had hit.
"I deeply apolo-" once brown locks came into view I hastily stopped myself. "Honorable Mielle Lockens?"
"Ugh, watch what you're doing, Lady Eliza." She got up and rubbed her forehead that was growing red.
"Do not call me that," my voice was cold as I spoke, "and do not fault me for your shortcomings, it is common sense to stand clear of doors."
"Pfft-" Someone tried to stifle their laughter.
Honorable Mielle Lockens turned her head this way and that to find the source before eyeing me again.
"What are you even doing here?" She glared at me.
"What else could I possibly be doing in a store? It seems the impact made you lose a few brain cells."
"Me? Lose brain cells? You are the one testing a pastel dress. You? In pastels? Excuse my language, but ew."
What? Do I look silly in pastels? Maybe this dress is not for me. A warm touch appeared on my shoulder.
"Excuse me for interrupting, Lady Elizabeth, however I think you look lovely in pastels," Lady Violet said, smiling warmly. "Let us purchase this dress then be on our way."
Without curtsying Honorable Mielle Lockens farewell we made our way to the store front. Lady Daisy was already waiting for us outside when I finished the purchase.

By the time we got back to the dormitories it was already noon. Once we bid each other farewell I studied for an hour before hitting the hay.