5

"Uh, excuse you," I say, scrunching my nose in disgust as he unlocks his door and lets me enter his apartment.

"What?" he asks, confused, as he locks his door and then plops down on the couch.

"Are you really going to pretend you didn't silently rip ass, dude? I can smell it and I know it wasn't me."

He gasps dramatically. "I did not! And I don't even smell anything."

I scoff. "Whatever. But you need to get checked out if your ass smells this nasty because EW."

"I did not fart!" he groans. "I'm gonna order some pizza. Want some?"

"Obviously. I haven't eaten all day and it's already 8 PM," I snap.

Wow okay, I'm hangry.

After calling in the order, he pats the cushion next to him.

"You can sit down, you know," he says.

"Fine. Just don't gas me again," I warn as I sit on the other end of the small couch.

"I did not-"

He's interrupted when an explosion sounds from down his hallway.

A moment later, our noses are assaulted.

"Oh god!" Namjoon yells as he covers his nose and goes to investigate.

"Oh god!" He repeats when he goes into the room that the noise originated from. "My toilet exploded!"

"This is what I smelled earlier!" I say before gagging and covering my nose with my shirt. "We should leave. Call the pizza place and have them deliver the food to my apartment. The smoke should be gone by now."

We basically sprint out the door, desperate to get away from the smell of rotten ass.

"Hey neighbor!" a cheery young woman says as we scramble into the hallway. "The plumbing is super messed up! My toilet spewed icky stuff all over my floor and when I called to complain, the landlord said the plumber won't be here until tomorrow!"

"Okay bye," we say in unison as we run to get away from the carnage.

After getting back to my apartment and calling the pizza place, I'm pleased to see that the smoke is gone and now only the scent of burned wood remains.

I spray a bunch of air freshener and clap my hands when a knock sounds at the door.

"Go on then," I say to Namjoon, gesturing him to open the door. "Your treat."

He scowls at me but obliges, and in an hour, we're both groaning in discomfort from eating too much. We both lean back in our chairs at my kitchen table, rubbing our full stomachs.

"Hey, Isla?" Namjoon says suddenly.

"Hmm?"

"You said that you smelled the shit storm before it actually happened, right?"

I laugh at shit storm. I didn't see it, but I'm guessing it was gross. "Yeah. Actually now that I think about it, that happens a lot. I smell something that nobody else seems to notice, but then later, I smell it again and I find where the source of the smell is coming from even though I was nowhere near it the first time I smelled it."

"It's almost like you can smell the future," Namjoon jokes as he laughs.

I laugh too. That's funny.

Smell the future.

We both slowly stop laughing and stare at each other.

And then realization dawns on me.

I can smell the future.

Are you kidding me?

Namjoon laughs loudly, holding his stomach. "What a dumb power!"

"Says the guy who can't even turn completely invisible, you jerk!" I say, slapping his arm.

"We need to find the restaurant we both ate at that day. Maybe there are other people who have... symptoms," Namjoon says, still giggling at the revelation. "Ooh, maybe there's even a cure!"

I yawn in response. "Holy shit, it's getting late."

He groans. "Please don't talk about shit."

I snort in laughter. "My bad. Well, I guess you can't sleep in your apartment tonight and since you caught my couch on fire, it's not really a suitable place to sleep."

"I can just sleep on the floor," he suggests and I nod.

"Okay. Goodnight," I say, waving at him before turning to go into my bedroom.

"Hey!" he protests as I enter my bedroom and he follows me inside.

"Hey," I reply.

"You were supposed to say that you wouldn't make me do that and that you'd let me sleep in the bed with you!"

I scoff loudly. "Yeah right, pervert."

"Oh, come on. I won't touch you. Don't make me sleep on the floor or my back will be sore," he whines.

I send him a death glare before sighing heavily. "Listen to me, dimples. If you even look at me while we're laying in the same bed, I'll suffocate you with a pillow."

"Deal!" he says, grinning. "One problem though."

I raise my eyebrows.

"My clothes smell like smoke and I don't want to stink up your bed," he says.

"You can go take a shower and I'll wash your clothes while you're in there," I say, remembering that he never got to take a shower earlier so he's definitely nasty and I'm not letting my bed suffer from his nastiness.

"Thank you!" he exclaims before quickly kissing my cheek and skipping off to the bathroom.

I clear my throat and smack myself in the face when I feel myself blush. Stop that.

I follow him and stand in the hallway with a towel in my hand that I grabbed from my closet, waiting for him to hand me his dirty clothes.

After a moment, the door opens slightly and his arm sticks out, holding his clothes in a bundle in his hand. I trade him the clothes for the towel and he mumbles another "thank you" before closing the door.

I go to the laundry room and start the washing machine before changing into my own pajamas and collapsing onto my bed.

This has been the longest day of my entire life.

I easily and quickly fall asleep, wondering what my second day of friendship with Namjoon will bring.

Probably disaster and multiple injuries.