22

After eating my sandwich and living through the torture of Namjoon slurping his soup unnecessarily loudly, he walks me back to the office.

"I have a great idea, by the way," he announces as he holds the front door open for me.

"I highly doubt that it's going to be a good idea, but let's hear it," I grumble as I make my way through the lobby and to my desk next to the elevators.

"Let's go to the beach when you get off work," he says, grinning brightly as he tries to casually lean against my desk, but he misses and falls to the floor.

"Hmm," I hum in thought as he gets back on his feet and looks around to see if anyone saw him. "That is a good idea, actually. I like the beach."

"Huh? Bitch?" He asks, alarmed and I roll my eyes.

"Just pick me up at 4. I'll ask to get off an hour early to give me time to go home and change," I say, waving him away so he doesn't try to eat another one of my pencils or break another one of my chairs.

"Cool beans," he says, giving me a thumbs up.

"Please never say that again," I say, laughing. "And Namjoon?"

Namjoon turns around from his trip back to the front door and raises his eyebrows.

"Please do not wear that to the beach," I say, pointing at his superhero uniform. "It's a bit... purple."

"Oh, it's purple? I had no idea," he says sarcastically and I resist the urge to throw my stapler at him, knowing damn well it would miss him and shatter the glass door behind him instead.

"See you at four, smart ass," I say, sending him a sickly sweet grin to hide my annoyance.

Damn adorable superhero.

**********

"I have arrived!" Namjoon announces at the top of his lungs as he bursts through the front door and the clients in the lobby all give him a weird look because he still looks like Barney the dinosaur's distant disturbed cousin who collects doll hair.

I clear my throat and give the clients a nervous smile, trying to ignore the superhero staring a hole into the side of my head.

"Isla," Namjoon says, snapping his fingers.

I continue to ignore him as the clients glance between the two of us with a questioning look on all of their faces.

"Crap. Am I invisible again?" He murmurs and walks over to me and proceeds to screech my name in my ear.

I turn and punch him in the stomach on instinct and he coughs, spraying me with his spit.

"Can you hear me now?" He manages to wheeze out as he tries to catch his breath.

"You can still be heard when you're invisible, RM," I whisper through my clenched teeth as I wipe my face with a tissue. "I was ignoring you because you're still in your... uniform."

"I just got off work too," he says, straightening up. "My boss made me work late today."

"Your boss is you," I retort.

"Yeah. I'm a strict boss. But don't tell me I said that," he whispers and I suddenly hope that I drown while we're at the beach.

"Let's go," I say, grabbing my purse and waving at the people still staring at us.

"He's celebrating Grape Day," I say, wrapping my arm around Namjoon's waist. "He's... eccentric."

They all give us half-hearted smiles and waves as we leave, and I groan internally. I love embarrassing myself at work, said nobody ever.

"You were supposed to change into your swimming trunks before coming to get me. Now we have to make an extra stop at your apartment, which means less beach time," I pout as we make our way to the bus stop.

"What? No, I'm wearing my trunks under my uniform," he explains and I frown.

"Isn't that uncomfortable? Especially since your uniform is just a whole bunch of tight spandex?" I ask.

"I always have my trunks on underneath this," he says, shrugging his shoulders as we sit down on the bench and wait for the bus.

"Um, why?" I question, frowning.

"Isn't it obvious?" He asks, looking at me like I've asked a stupid question.

"No. Not at all," I deadpan.

"Oh," he says, standing when the bus arrives and I throw my hands up in annoyance.

"Are you not going to tell me why?" I ask.

"I'll give you a hint," he teases and I purse my lips.

"Go ahead then," I say as we take our seats and the bus resumes motion.

"It has to do with water," he says, raising his eyebrows as if he's being mysterious.

"From the bottom of my heart, I hate you, Namjoon," I say, stifling a laugh.

"Don't call me my real name when I'm in my uniform, you uncooked piece of chicken shit," he snaps and I gasp so hard that I choke on my spit.

"You foul-mouthed little mother-"

"Ah, it's our stop!" He says, clumsily climbing over me to get off the bus. "Let's get a move on, Isla."

"Yeah, yeah," I mumble grumpily as I make my way off the bus after him.

Once we get into my apartment, I jog to my bedroom to change. I look in the mirror really quickly to make sure I don't look like a long-forgotten bowl of soggy Frosted Flakes. I'm dressed in a black bikini with a large white off-the-shoulder t-shirt and denim shorts over it. After slipping on my flip flops, I grab two towels and make my way back into the living room where Namjoon is impatiently pacing around the room, now changed into his purple swimming trunks and a white t-shirt.

"The water will probably still be cold since it's only spring," I say.

"I don't care. I just want to go get a... I mean make a sand castle," he says, quickly averting my narrowed eyes.

He's up to something.

Whatever. When is he not up to something? I'll still get to lay in the sun for a while before it sets, so whatever he is up to, I will just ignore. Hopefully it doesn't involve fire or toilets.

"Let's go!" He says, pulling me by my wrist, barely giving me time to lock my door and when we leave my apartment, we run into my grumpy neighbor.

"Hope you drown," she says with a sneer before unlocking her door and going inside.

"Hope you stop being the undesirable end piece of a loaf of bread!" Namjoon yells through her closed door and I snort in laughter.

"Your insults are weird, but I like them," I say in approval, patting his back as we walk down the stairs towards the lobby.

And don't worry, we only tripped three times on the way down.