27

"Let's get it," Namjoon says as we walk into the restaurant.

"Hello!" An older woman greets us. "Table for two for the two love turtles?"

"Love turtles? It's supposed to be lovebirds," I say, raising my eyebrow at the strange lady.

Namjoon clears his throat. "We actually have some questions. Is the owner around?"

"I am the owner!" The woman states proudly, flipping her hair back sassily.

"Is there somewhere we can sit?" Namjoon asks and she nods excitedly before gesturing him to follow her to her office.

**********

"And now here we are," Namjoon concludes and the owner of the restaurant stares at us blankly for a moment.

"She thinks we're crazy," I whisper to Namjoon.

"Not crazy at all! I get you superhero folk coming to see me all the time!" She exclaims and my eyes widen.

"There's more of us?" I ask in horror and she nods.

"Well, not after they cure themselves," she waves her hand dismissively.

"There's a cure?!" Namjoon asks excitedly.

The owner sighs. "Nobody ever wants to keep their superpowers. Bunch of flops, if you ask me."

"Because the powers are stupid," I say grumpily. "Give us the cure."

"Follow me," she says, sighing dramatically again before leaving the room and leading us to a large fountain.

It's beautiful and looks really ancient, with a statue of a strange-looking man situated above the water.

"Take a coin and wish for your powers to go away. Toss the coin in and your wish will come true," she says in a monotone voice, as if she recites it multiple times a day.

Just how many people have eaten the shrimp?

"Thanks," Namjoon says, grinning at her and she rolls her eyes.

"Ungrateful turkeys," she murmurs before walking away.

"How about I take a turkey and shove it up your-"

"Baby, no," Namjoon sighs as he hands me a coin. "Just make your wish so we can be normal again."

Together, we squeeze our eyes closed and make our wishes before tossing the coins into the water.

"Did it work?" I ask, turning to look at Namjoon.

He shrugs. "I don't feel any different."

"Me either," I frown.

"Oh! I know how to see," he says, grinning proudly at his apparently genius idea.

He runs off for a moment and comes back with a straw.

"Namjoon, why do you have a straw?" I ask, frowning.

But then I realize what he's planning to do.

And then he sticks the straw up his nose.

"Ehhhhh," he whines as he removes it and then makes a terrifyingly familiar face.

Before I have a chance to react, Namjoon sneezes right into my face.

But instead of my face melting off with flames, I get showered with spit and snot.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" I scream as I wipe my face with his shirt.

"I'M CURED!" He yells back.

"Why didn't you turn your head away from me when you sneezed?! What if you had sneezed flames right into my face?!" I yell, furious.