24

"Isla, open the door! I said I was sorry," Namjoon whines through the closed door of my apartment.

I roll my eyes and continue to ignore him while I lounge lazily on my couch. I smile triumphantly to myself as I throw a small ball into the air and continuously catch it.

"Wow, my hand-eye coordination is actually getting- OW JESUS FUCK!"

Just as my optimism reaches an all-time high, the ball slips out of my hand and drops right on my left eye.

"I'LL SAVE YOU!" Namjoon yells through the door and I quickly roll off the couch, holding my hand over my eye.

"NO YOU WILL NOT!" I yell back through the door, unlocking it and letting it swing open so he won't try to break it down.

"Who hurt you?! I'll pluck off every body hair they have one by one until they look like a newborn baby!" He yells, running around my living room in circles with his hands held up like he's gonna karate chop something.

"That's... weird," I mumble, frowning. "I hurt myself, dimples."

"Well now I'm conflicted. Whose body hair am I supposed to pluck off?" He asks, still running around.

"Nobody's, oh my god," I say, reaching out my free hand to grab his arm to stop him from running before he trips and breaks his face on my coffee table. "Be normal for two seconds."

"Let me see your eye," he says, slightly out of breath as he gently moves my hand from my face and looks at my eye.

"It's gonna bruise," he says, staring intently at my eye as I try to keep it open long enough for him to examine it.

"A black eye that I gave to myself. Great," I sigh.

"One time, I broke my foot because I saw myself in the mirror and I thought it was an intruder, so I kicked my reflection," he says, trying to make me feel better.

I snort in laughter and immediately regret it when my head begins to pound from the pain in my eye. "Ow."

"I'll go get you some ice," he says, turning on his heel to go to my kitchen.

I huff in annoyance and plop down on my couch, ready for a nap.

"Here," he says, holding out a small towel filled with a few cubes of ice. "Do you need anything else?"

"Thanks, dimples," I say, taking the towel and placing it gingerly on my throbbing eye. "I could use some pain medicine, actually. I have Ibuprofen in my bathroom."

Namjoon goes down the hallway to get the medicine and a moment later, I hear a loud thud followed by thundering footsteps.

I sigh.

"I got your medicine. I also found some nostril band-aids in there. Can I have one to take with me when I'm working? I get nosebleeds a lot," he says as he hands me the bottle of medicine.

"Nostril... band-aids...?" I ask slowly, frowning.

After taking the medicine and drinking some water, I lay down on the couch and keep holding the ice to my eye. "There's no such thing as-"

"Nostril band-aid," he repeats as he holds out a tampon.

I snort in laughter.

"Sure, Namjoon. You can have it," I say, giggling.

The thought of Namjoon running around the city in a purple unitard with a tampon stuck up his nose cheers me up and makes me nearly forgive the fact that he told a stranger that I have crabs last night.

"Thanks!" He beams. "You're a great friend, Isla."

"Oh, you have no idea," I say, biting my lip to keep myself from laughing. "Go away. I want to take a nap."

"I have to leave anyway. I have a damsel in distress to save because I am a superhero," he says before running to the door. "Bye!"

"Uh... okay," I say, quickly standing up to lock the door behind him.

As soon as I lay down, someone knocks on my door. I roll my eyes and slowly get up to make my way to the door.

"Namjoon, I'm not giving you another nostril band-aid. They're expensive and I... Oh," I say as soon as I open the door and see that rude ass booger from last night.

"Great. I'm getting kidnapped," I say, sighing as I pull the towel away from my eye, preparing to use it as a weapon.

"Shut up, stupid. You left your wallet on the bus last night and you were too busy being snappy for me to give it back," he says, handing my wallet to me.

"Was that a crab joke?" I ask, narrowing my eyes. "Because it wasn't funny. Now go away, stalker."

"Your address is on your ID, idiot," he says. "And I thought it was hilarious, personally."

"Why are you still here? You're polluting my breathing air with your bullshit."

Just then, my neighbor comes out of her apartment and glares at me.

"You're not dead yet?" She asks, disappointed.

"Why don't you take your dick attitude and shove it up your ass?" I yell as she walks down the hall.

"You're more vulgar than I am," booger boy says, smirking.

"Be gone, snot wad," I say, putting my palm into his face and pushing him out of my doorway before slamming the door in his face.

After locking the door, I make my way back to the kitchen and dump the melting ice into the sink before throwing the towel in the washing machine and finally laying back down on the couch. I let out a deep sigh and close my eyes to finally take the nap I've been wanting to take since I woke up.