8

"What now?" Namjoon asks.

"Uh, I go to work and you go do... whatever you do," I say, making my way to the bus stop.

"Work? What do you do?" He asks, following me.

I turn my head to frown at him over my shoulder. "Why are you following me?"

"You're my friend! I don't have anything else to do so I'm going to follow you and make sure you stay out of trouble," he informs me as he plants himself next to me on the bench situated at the bus stop.

"Excuse me, but I'm fairly certain you cause me more trouble than I usually have," I scoff as I roll my eyes. "It should really be illegal for us to be friends."

"Rude," he says, crossing his arms across his chest. "You're so mean to me!"

I sigh. "Maybe I'm still salty about you ripping my shirt off in public. Or maybe when you pulled me down the stairs with you when you fell. Or when you caught my apartment on fire. Or when you-"

"Okay, okay I get it," Namjoon says, holding his hands up in defeat. "All accidents, by the way."

"You spitting your food in my face was no accident," I say, scowling at him.

He purses his lips and slowly nods his head in agreement. "My bad."

"Maybe we really should find that restaurant and see if there's some kind of cure for our dumbassery," I say with a sigh, ignoring the questioning looks I'm receiving from the old lady next to me.

"Then we can be friends without killing each other on accident!" Namjoon says, grinning.

"Oh trust me, if I kill you, it'll be on purpose. Don't think I forgot about you cuddling me when you were basically naked. Watch your back, dimples. I'll have my revenge."

He gulps and I laugh.

"I'm joking. Calm down. After I get off work, we can go hang out at my place since yours probably doesn't smell great," I say, nudging him with my shoulder. "We can have a movie night!"

"Okay! You go to work and I'll get the movies and snacks. Leave it to me; I got this!" Namjoon exclaims as he puffs his chest out.

"I doubt that. But we'll see," I whisper to myself.

**********

"I rented a bunch of different movies because I didn't know what kind you like," Namjoon explains as he begins to empty the bags he brought into my apartment.

I get excited when he begins to pull out copious amounts of snacks.

"I knew you'd want a lot of snacks," he says, grinning proudly.

"You already know me so well!" I say, clapping my hands in excitement as my eyes lock on the food bestowed upon me. "Thank you for all of this."

"Don't think for a second that you're gonna pig out and eat all of this by yourself. Sharing is caring," he says, raising an eyebrow at me as I freeze with a mouthful of chips and a hand filled with M&M's.

I open my mouth to speak but Namjoon yelps and dives behind my kitchen table.

"Don't you dare get food on me again, you swamp creature!"

I swallow my food harshly and begin to pelt him with the chocolate candies in my hand.

"DO. NOT. CALL. ME. A. SWAMP. CREATURE!"

"STOP ASSAULTING ME WITH SNACKS!" He screeches from his makeshift shield of one of my kitchen chairs as I run out of M&M's and switch to cookies.

"TAKE IT BACK!" I yell as I nail him in the shoulder with a cookie.

"STAND DOWN, WOMAN!"

"TAKE! IT! BACK!"

"FINE I TAKE IT BACK!"

I huff out before smiling widely and then picking up all of the snacks off the floor and placing them in a giant bowl.

"Don't you dare-"

Before he can finish his sentence, I stuff a cookie that was on the floor into my mouth.

"EW," he yells in disgust as he scuttles out of the kitchen and into the living room and plops onto my new couch.

"Don't judge me," I say. "Thanks for paying for same day delivery for my lovely new furniture, by the way. That was so sweet of you to do."

"You forced me to!" He groans as he stretches dramatically. "Pick a movie."

I roll my eyes before grabbing the first movie case I come in contact with and pop the disc into my DVD player.

"Which one are we watching?" Namjoon asks as he jogs back into the kitchen to grab the bag of chips I opened earlier and then sits back down on my couch.

"One of the Harry Potter movies, I think," I say dismissively as I sit down next to him on the couch with my bowl of dirty snacks.

The movie starts and the screen slowly comes into focus on a woman wearing a very skimpy version of a Hogwarts uniform.

"Which Harry Potter is this? I don't recognize her," I frown as I lean forward and glance down at the case again.

And my bowl of food falls to the floor, long forgotten as I stand up quickly after reading the name of the movie.

"Hairy Peter and the Prisoner of Ass-kaban," I read out loud in utter horror.

Namjoon's eyes widen to triple their size as he desperately grabs for the remote to press stop, but he presses fast forward instead.

And we see things.

Horrible things.

In fast motion.

And in this moment, I think my soul has died.

"MAKE IT STOP!" Namjoon screams as he squeezes his eyes shut, slamming his hand on the remote, trying to hit any button he possibly can. But all he does is snap the remote in half.

I stumble forward with my eyes squinted, desperately trying to avert my eyes from the filthy actions that the fake witch from fake Hogwarts was doing with the fake Voldemort and in my blurry haze, I don't realize how close I am to the television. So when I look up to find my bearings, I get a face full of... unholy things.

I screech in disgust as I frantically pound on the screen of my television, my brain being so fried at this point that I can't remember how to turn my TV off, so I beat the shit out of it and hope for the best.

"I'll save you!" Namjoon says and in a act of pure courage and selflessness, he opens his eyes and risks losing his corneas so he can find the power button. And finally, the screen is black.

"Was that like the video from that movie The Ring? Are we gonna die in seven days after watching that?" Namjoon whispers in horror as we stare at each other.

"Honestly, after watching that, I want to die," I whisper back.

"Can some people really bend that way...?" Namjoon asks slowly.

I scream loudly to drown out his question.